The Stress-Busting, Mood-Lifting Effects of Mindfulness During Pregnancy
by Kira M. NewmanAug 27, 2016
- 4 ways a mindfulness practice can protect the health and well-being of mothers and their babies.
Call for Submissions: Science for the Public Good
by YES! StaffAug 26, 2016
- Send us your ideas by Sept 25.
Why We Need Tiny Colleges
by Marcus FordAug 26, 2016
- Could smaller—and cheaper—schools produce more thoughtful, engaged, and compassionate human beings?
How Small Donors Are Giving Super PACs a Run for Their Money
by Lynsi BurtonAug 25, 2016
- From Washington state to South Dakota, voters are pushing for public-matching systems to replace the influence wealthy bankrollers have on government.
As 9-to-5 Jobs Vanish, Look Who’s Reinventing the Working World
by Paul HamptonAug 25, 2016
- Overcoming isolation in the gig economy, workers like Amazon’s Mechanical Turks are building democratic, worker-led communities.
In Baltimore, I Found a City Taking Progress Into Its Own Hands
by Melissa HellmannAug 24, 2016
- “Conversations have changed. The structure of power has not. And that’s where we are today.”
Maybe the Gig Economy Doesn’t Have to Mean Oppressed Workers
by David KortenAug 24, 2016
- Has gig work helped you build community or left you isolated and vulnerable?
Can Workers Get a Fair Deal in the Gig Economy?
by Steven HillAug 23, 2016
- The whole sector won’t enjoy broader success until its companies learn how to combine flexible work with better treatment.
3 Reasons the Standing Rock Sioux Can Stop the Dakota Access Pipeline
by Mark TrahantAug 22, 2016
- For starters, this protest is about a competing idea for the future of the planet—and waves of people will show up to make that point.
Urban Foraging: Weeds You Can Eat
by Jasleena GrewalAug 22, 2016
- 6 edible weeds that can reduce anxiety, provide protein—or even predict the weather.
As #BankBlack Moves Money, Black Credit Unions Are Ready
by Zenobia JeffriesAug 20, 2016
- While the number of Black-owned banks is down to only 22, there are 318 Black credit unions uniquely positioned to invest in their communities.
A Documentary on Hope, Love, and Beauty in Ferguson
by Jaime AlfaroAug 19, 2016
- Mobolaji Olambiwonnu hopes his new film on the killing of Michael Brown will bring healing, dignity, and investment to Black communities affected by police violence.
After Catastrophic Wildfires, Forests Rebound on Their Own
by Maya KhoslaAug 19, 2016
- In the Sierra Nevada, high-intensity fires quickly grow into some of the rarest and most biodiverse habitats in the entire mountain range.
When You Don’t Have a Traditional Job, This Is How You Get Creative
by Martin do NascimentoAug 18, 2016
- Austin, Texas, leads the nation in people with jobs outside the 9-to-5 economy.
Watch: A Year After Freddie Gray, Baltimore Is Still Rising
by Melissa HellmannAug 18, 2016
- Tired of waiting for outside help, grassroots organizations are generating resources from within the African American community.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.