Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.
The Guerrilla News Network
by Anna Lappeposted Mar 24, 2005
- What is the Gerrilla News Network?
Speaking for Ourselves
by Malkia Cyril, Taishi Duchicelaposted Mar 24, 2005
- Young people in Oakland wanted to talk about real solutions to the poverty, racism, and powerlessness that they grew up with—but all the city’s hip-hop radio station offered was violence and mind-numbing entertainment
Remain Firm, Clear, Compassionate
by Thich Nhat Hanhposted Mar 23, 2005
- Our country, our government is us and it needs our help
The Work Ahead: Start a Dialogue; Take a Stand
by Reverend Robert W. Edgarposted Mar 23, 2005
- National Council of Churches is rolling out study materials on the current state of world affairs.
The Work Ahead: Make Time for Bread and Roses
by John de Graafposted Mar 23, 2005
- Take Back Your Time. We need more time for the things that matter most.
The Work Ahead: Challenge Low-Wage Globalization
by David Fosterposted Mar 23, 2005
- What is the work ahead? We need to have an economic message that challenges the destructive force of the global economy.
The Work Ahead: Set an Agenda with a Future
by Medea Benjaminposted Mar 23, 2005
- What is the work ahead?
The Work Ahead: Build the Alliances
by David Kortenposted Mar 16, 2005
- Create a non-party political movement with an agenda grounded in a vision of a just and sustainable future for all.
The Work Ahead: Adopt the Language of Hope
by Roberto Dr. Cintli Rodriguezposted Mar 16, 2005
- If we want peace, if we don’t want to live with regrets and in despair, then we must adopt not the language of fear, but the language of hope and dreams. To invoke a Puerto Rican expression: pa’lante. Forward.
The Work Ahead: A New Strategic Vision for Progressives
by Jesse L. Jackson Jrposted Mar 16, 2005
- Progressives need to take the time to create and articulate a vision that will withstand the test of time and transcend two-, four- and six-year election cycles.
The Work Ahead: Speak out for the world our kids will live in.
by Jonathan Roweposted Mar 16, 2005
- Learn to use language that is clear and strong.
The Work Ahead: Create Community
by Frances Moore Lappé, Richard R. Roweposted Mar 16, 2005
- Frame the issues: Americans are ready for a far more powerful frame grounded in what we intuitively know—that we are all in this together. We call it the “strong communities” frame.
It Takes a Community Media Center
by Dirk Koningposted Mar 16, 2005
- The Community Media Center (CMC) was founded in 1981 as Grand Rapids Cable Access Center (known as GRTV). It is one of the first public access stations in the nation to expand beyond public access television to provide a range of media tools, training and transmission options for community members and nonprofit organizations. Among them, the five affiliates offer numerous projects and services.
If You’re Not Making Television, It’s Making You
by Dirk Koningposted Mar 16, 2005
- Kids learn to make media at GRTV. They make websites, and develop and deliver curriculum on media literacey and voting.
Questions for Students: Bringing Biodiesel from Colorado to Colombia
by YES! for Youth Education Programposted Mar 10, 2005
- Questions for reflection and discussion from the article "Bringing Biodiesel from Colorado to Colombia"