Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.
Instead of Empire
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted Dec 31, 2002
- Phylis Bennis, Harlan Cleveland, Frank T. Griswold, Michael Lerner, and Marc Luyckx :: A roundtable exploration of what might happen if the U.S. chose a path that is neither the Clinton-promoted future of corporate globalization, nor the Bush Doctrine of endless war.
The Miner's Canary
by Lani Guinier, Gerald Torresposted Dec 31, 2002
- The Miner's Canary by Lani Guinier and Gerald Torres, power-over, power-with, race, rules to the game
Erosion of Liberty Since September 11
by Ann Bensonposted Dec 31, 2002
- Erosion of Liberty Since September 11, DOJ allows detenton without charges, US Patriot Act
Discussion Guide for What Would Democracy Look Like?
by Carolyn McConnellposted Dec 31, 2002
- Questions such as: What ways do you stay hopeful in dark times? What keeps you acting on what you believe when success seems distant or unlikely? What can (or do) you do to help friends and co-workers keep their spirits up?
by Jeff Chester, Gary O. Larsonposted Dec 31, 2002
- center for Digital Democracy, open access to the internet, electronic commons
Play Your Own Tune
by Ricardo "Kool Aid" Chavezposted Dec 31, 2002
- hip-hop/rap for the good
by Tom Atleeposted Dec 31, 2002
- Convening a cross section of the population in high-quality dialogue, with full access to whatever information is vital to their deliberations, and helping them find common ground, and then publiicizing their work to the public and its representatives.
Study Circle Democracy
by Cecile Andrewsposted Dec 31, 2002
- Deliberative democracy through study circles.
Let Every Voice Be Heard
by Steven Hillposted Dec 31, 2002
- Cumulative voting and instant runoff, Voting revolution, Alternative voting systems
by Desiree Evansposted Dec 31, 2002
- Third world majority digital storytelling conference, Underground Railroad, ceate digital stories from the found material in lives, relaiming histories for people of color
Yes! But How?
by Pamela O'Malley Chang, Beth Balderstonposted Dec 31, 2002
- Recycling computers, unclog bathroom drain, non-toxic solutions, bees nests, hornets
by Victor Bremson, Erin Cusickposted Sep 30, 2002
- Living Economies resource guide, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures
economies for life - economías para la
by David Kortenposted Sep 30, 2002
- El lenguaje de la disfunción económica se ha tornado tan común que cuando utilizo en mis charlas la expresión “economía global suicida”, raramente necesito explicarla.
posted Sep 30, 2002
- Kucinich Loses My Vote
Readers Take Action
posted Sep 30, 2002
- Democracy's Conversation, High Noon for Sprawl