Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.
Media Hero: DeeDee Halleck
by Jonathan Lawsonposted Mar 10, 2005
presente! a radio station barn raising
by Hannah Sassamanposted Mar 10, 2005
- When farmworkers needed a way to reach one another, they invited activists nationwide for a radio barn raising.
Letter from the Editor
by Sarah van Gelderposted Feb 25, 2005
- We focus on the media in this issue of YES! because it is clear that democracy cannot function when diverse, critical perspectives are excluded from the public conversation, nor when entire populations are absent from or mischaracterized in the popular media.
YES! But How? :: Privacy, Slugs, Recycling Cards, and Glasses
posted Feb 24, 2005
- Protecting privacy, nontoxic slug disposal, unwanted bulk mail, reusing greeting cards, and recycling old glasses
Media That Set Us Free Discussion Guide
posted Feb 21, 2005
- Why in the midst of this information glut are we not getting the information we need? What does this mean for our democracy? More questions like these . . .
Dipping a Toe Into the Blogosphere
by Micah Sifryposted Feb 21, 2005
- Writing your own blog is easy.
by Bill Moyersposted Feb 16, 2005
- Some journalists are stubbornly pursuing the truth despite growing media monopolies, government secrecy, ideology, and public relations spin doctors—but it’s getting tougher
10 Steps to More Democratic Media
by Jeffrey Chester, Gary O. Larsonposted Feb 16, 2005
- 10 Steps to More Democratic Media
by Josh Silver, Robert W. McChesneyposted Feb 08, 2005
Going to Where the Silence Is: Interview with Amy Goodman
by Carolyn McConnellposted Feb 02, 2005
- Interview with Amy Goodman, how she created Democracy Now
Resource Guide: Democratic Media
by Lisa Kundratposted Feb 02, 2005
- Resources for More Democratic Media
The Lost Art of Dropping By
by Patrisia Gonzalesposted Feb 01, 2005
- The Lost Art of Dropping By by Patrisia Gonzales - creating neighborliness.
Rehearsing with Gods
by Marc Estrin, Ronald T. Simonposted Jan 21, 2005
- Since the 1960s, Bread & Puppet Theater has come to life in urban street protests and remote farmlands, awakening in audiences a sense of wonder, solidarity, and a recollection of life’s essentials.
The Fragrance of Faith: the Enlightened Heart of Islam by Jamal Rahman
by Rabbi Ted Falconposted Jan 19, 2005
- A book as important as Jamal Rahman's The Fragrance of Faith needs to be recommended with as much grace as possible for it contains precious reminders that the spiritual teachings of Islam are as filled with compassion as they can be.
The Balkan Journalist Dialogues
by Joanne M. Lisosky, Ph.Dposted Jan 18, 2005