UK Camp for Climate Action
by Nick Buxton, Juliette BeckMay 25, 2007
- In it's third year, Climate Camp is a model of participatory, collective organization and sustainable, low-carbon alternatives. Take a peek.
An Invitation from the South
by Sarah van GelderMay 23, 2007
- YES! Magazine executive editor Sarah van Gelder introduces the Summer 2007 issue, 'Democracy: Latin America Leaps Ahead.'
People We Love
May 23, 2007
- YES! Magazine honors distinguished activists and citizens as "People We Love." Sheila Watts-Cloutier, Zimryah Barnes, Dr. Casey KirkHart, Raffi Cavoukian.
En Venezuela, una atmósfera
by Michael FoxMay 22, 2007
- Venezuela pone a la gente pobre a cargo de sus medios de vida, y convierte a las personas sin empleo en dueñas y dueños cooperativos.
Signs of Life
May 22, 2007
- Signs of Life: Small Stories about Big Change. Our Summmer 2007 indicators of a more positive future.
Theme Guide :: Latin America
May 19, 2007
- Stories of change from the bottom up: Latin America shows us the way as dictatorships give way to democracies. After 20 years of stagnation, economies are taking off, and people are rising out of poverty.
Travel in Latin America
May 16, 2007
- How to travel with a conscience in Latin America. From homestay information, to volunteer opportunities, everything you need to know.
Film Resources: Latin America
May 16, 2007
- The YES! team's recommendations for great documentaries and feature films from Latin America to accompany this issue.
Latin America Rising Resource Guide
May 15, 2007
- A selection of groups and organizations from North, Central and South America, as well as on-line journalism and films about the region.
Meningitis B: Cuba's Got the Vaccine—Why Don't We?
by Robert Fortner, MDMay 15, 2007
- A vaccine with proven effectiveness against Meningitis B was developed in Cuba in the 1980s. Since then, 55 million doses have been administered in Cuba and other countries. But not in the U.S.,where outbreaks still kill children. Dr. Robert Fortner, MD, wanted to find out why…
The Page That Counts :: Summer 2007
by Catherine BaileyMay 15, 2007
- Bee loss :: Computer dependency :: Cheery dyed sheep :: Political freshman :: Relative disrespect towards women :: Birth-control, abstinence and sex education :: Worker stress and salaries :: Perceptions of global warming ...
Iraq Veterans, Activists for Peace
by Sarah OlsonMay 11, 2007
- Iraq War veterans Ricky Clousing, Garett Reppenhagen, and Darrell Anderson tell their stories.
Venezuela: Democracy or Dictatorship?
by Michael FoxMay 11, 2007
- According to Condoleeza Rice, Venezuela is a burgeoning dictatorship. Take a look at these facts and make your own judgments.
May 11, 2007
- Review of the documentary "Favela Rising" with Anderson Sa frontman for the band Afro Reggae. AfroReggae's music has brought the sound of hope to Brazil's slums.
Voices of Time
by Eduardo GaleanoMay 11, 2007
- The work of Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayan author and historian. His book of stories Voices of Time: A Life in Stories is published by Metropolitan Books.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.