Europe Cleans Up Its E-Waste Act
by Lilja OttoFeb 16, 2006
- Quick guide to new European initiatives on e-waste
Sustainability: Planet at the Crossroads
by Bill McKibbenFeb 16, 2006
- As signs of climate change grow, and leaders lack political will to change course, people are acting in community to create a world that works for all.
Book Review: Nonviolent Soldier of Islam: Badshah
Khan by Eknath Easwaran
by Carolyn McConnellFeb 16, 2006
- Book Review: Nonviolent Soldier of Islam: Badshah Khan by Eknath Easwaran
Dorothy Stang: A Heart for the Poor
by Dee AxelrodFeb 15, 2006
- a tribute to Dorothy Stang, who died championing the rights of poor Brazilians.
Freedom Project :: Inmates Find Peace
by Dee AxelrodFeb 15, 2006
- The Freedom Project teaches prisoners nonviolent communication techniques and helps them to transition into communities when released.
Greater Than the Tread of Mighty Armies: Nonviolent Peacekeeping
by Mel DuncanFeb 15, 2006
- Growing in sophistication over the past 10 years, nonviolent peacekeeping has saved thousands of lives. As the effectiveness of this approach to transform violent conflicts is demonstrated, the infrastructure to support this work expands.
Active Nonviolence: Heroes for an Unheroic Time
by Carol EstesFeb 08, 2006
- A nonviolent army stands fast, watching over human rights in the midst of conflict, a model of courageous peace.
Bolivia Cheers Its New President
by Juliette BeckJan 23, 2006
- Crowds cheer as Evo Morales is sworn in as the first indigenous president of Bolivia.
'Veggie Bus' Delivers Sisterly Love and Goodwill
by Barbara SehrJan 11, 2006
- Residents of Port Townsend reach across the miles to help Bay St. Louis, Mississippi, another waterfront artist colony battered by Hurricane Katrina.
The Page That Counts
by Valerie Doyle, Lilja OttoDec 22, 2005
- Percentage of Internet users who say being online has helped their ability to meet new people: . . .
Bolivia Elects Latin America's First Indigenous President
by Juliette BeckDec 19, 2005
- American global justice activist Juliette Beck was in Cochabamba for this week's historic election, and she sends this report on an event the new president-elect has dubbed “a victory for the global community."
All Saints Versus the IRS
by Fran KortenDec 16, 2005
- The IRS is investigating the non-profit status of the All Saints Episcopal Church in Pasadena, because in October 2004, shortly before the elections, a guest pastor preached a sermon that suggested Jesus would not favor the war in Iraq. We need a public outcry that shows Americans of many political and spiritual persuasions will not allow our right of dissent to be undermined.
Imperial Politics, Christianity and the True Jesus: Reflections on the 2004 Election
by David C. KortenDec 13, 2005
- The challenge before us is to displace the politics of Empire with the politics of Earth Community based on inclusion, possibility, and partnership — an authentic values-based, problem-solving politics of mature adulthood consistent with the moral teachings of Jesus.
New Orleans Forgotten
by Barbara SehrDec 13, 2005
- Months after Katrina, the displaced citizens of New Orleans march on City Hall and make demands on local, state, and federal governments.
Bioremediation in New Orleans
by StarhawkDec 12, 2005
- Starhawk's second trip to New Orleans included the cleansing of contaminated soil using natural methods, as well as other relief efforts.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.