Independencia de la Economía
by Ethan MillerJan 31, 2007
- La vieja historia dice que necesitamos depender de las grandes corporaciones. La nueva historia nos cuenta que podemos ganar nuestro sustento, obtener libertad, y construir comunidad a través de la cooperación.
Sometimes A Great Nation
by Eric FonerJan 29, 2007
- The U.S. has a proud history of advancing human rights—and sometimes forgetting them. Historian Eric Foner proposes we give humility and respect a try.
The Case of Lt. Ehren Watada
by Martha BaskinJan 25, 2007
- Last week a military court judge ruled Lt. Ehren Watada, the first Army Lieutenant to refuse orders to deploy to Iraq, could not raise the legality of the Iraq War in his defense. Members of the public gathered for a Citizens’ Hearing on the legality of U.S. actions in Iraq.
Evo's First Year
by Juliette BeckJan 25, 2007
- Evo Morales' first year as President of Bolivia: Race Conflict threatens division while Andean cultural traditions restore balance
David Korten - The Great Turning presentation to Veterans for Peace
by David KortenJan 24, 2007
- David Korten, author of "When Corporations Rule the World" on "The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community," at the Veterans for Peace 2006 National Convention in Seattle.
The Great Turning: excerpt from David Korten's slide-show presentation
by David KortenJan 19, 2007
- David Korten's inspiring and extensively-illustrated presentation of his new book The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community. David says we are at a defining moment in all of human history.
Changing Business for Good :: Jill Bamburg
interviewed by Peak Moment TV
Jan 19, 2007
- How can business help create the world we want? Jill Bamburg, Dean of Bainbridge Graduate Institute's innovative MBA program, examines its basic premise: that doing good for people and the planet is good for business.
Sarah van Gelder interviewed by Peak Moment TV
by Sarah van GelderJan 19, 2007
- Janaia Donaldson interviews YES! Magazine Executive Editor, Sarah Van Gelder, on healthcare for all, alternatives to prisons, peak oil, living democracy, climate change, working together, and how each of us can begin creating change.
Is Freedom Just Another Word?
by John MohawkJan 18, 2007
The Illusions of Global Capitalism
by John MohawkJan 18, 2007
John Mohawk passes
Jan 18, 2007
- The YES! community mourns the passage of our wise, beloved, elder John Mohawk.
2007: A Sankofa Year
by Emira WoodsJan 11, 2007
- Emira Woods argues that it's time to abolish all forms of slavery that still ravage lives throughout much of the African world. Let's make 2007 a Sankofa Year.
Peace is Possible in Iraq
by Lisa Farino, Medea BenjaminJan 07, 2007
- What would it take to create peace in Iraq? Medea Benjamin and a delegation of U.S. citizens met with Iraqis to find out. Interview with Medea Benjamin.
The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community
by David KortenJan 02, 2007
- How will future generations remember our time? As the time when climate chaos, peak oil, and an unstable global economy unraveled society? Or as the time of a Great Turning?
Military Recruitment of Youth - stories, links & resources
by Brandi BratrudeDec 08, 2006
- Are you being recruited? Are recruiters giving you all the information you need to make an informed decision about joining the military? Do you have other options? These questions should be filtering through your mind while trying to understand what it means to be a young American.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.