Space War Or Space Peace
by Mike MooreJun 30, 2001
- Will the Bush administration put weapons in space? We hope not.
The Hidden Commons
by Jonathan RoweJun 30, 2001
- What is the commons, and how is it valued?
Resource Guide for the Commons
Jun 30, 2001
- Organizations, books, websites
Dream of a Ridiculous Man
by Charles W., Joan C. PrattJun 30, 2001
- A story of Patrick Lydon and the Camphill Communities.
Where There's a Way
by Michael M'GonigleJun 30, 2001
- Where there's a way, by Michael M'Gonigle. Global Trade Agreements are just the latest way local communities are losing control over the surrounding forests and the watersheds. If there was a way to reclaim the commons, might there also be a political will?
What's Your Share
by Jim MerkelJun 30, 2001
- Jim Merkel, What's your share? by Jim Merkel. A tool to measure our ecological footprints.
Just So Much And No More
by Donella MeadowsJun 30, 2001
- Just So Much and No More, by Donella Meadows. We don't get to choose which laws, those of the economy or those of the Earth, will ultimately prevail. We can choose which ones we will personally live under — and whether to make our economic laws consistent with planetary ones, or to find out what happens if we don't.
Great Commons of the World
by Kari McGinnisJun 30, 2001
- Great commons of the World, by Kari McGinnis. Commons are places where people gather and community blossoms. Examines the qualities that make a good commons and describes some of the best in the world.
A Tribute to Donella Meadows
by Fran KortenJun 30, 2001
- A Tribute to Donella Meadows, by Fran Korten. Donnella Meadows is remembered as a woman dedicated to helping us learn to live within the limits to growth.
What To Do When Corporations Rule the
by David KortenJun 30, 2001
- What to do when Corporations Rule the World, an interview with David Korten by Sarah van Gelder. Authors converse about threats to democracy and the environment posed by corporate globalization.
Second Chance For Black Farmers
by Carol EstesJun 30, 2001
- A recent class-action suit by black farmers against the USDA fails to stem the loss of land by African American farmers.
Discussion Guide: Reclaiming the Commons
Jun 30, 2001
- This guide is designed to provide a starting point for your discussion of some of the issues explored in the Summer 2001 issue of YES! magazine.
The Cornucopia of the Commons
by David BollierJun 30, 2001
- The Cornucopia of the Commons, by David Bollier. Community gardens, free software, self-help groups, and other examples of how the gift economy fosters community and social cohesion as well as economic innovation.
by Peter BarnesJun 30, 2001
- Sky Trust, by Peter Barnes. Carbon permits could reduce carbon emissions while returning benefits to individuals and rewarding conservation.
Thirst For Justice
by Maude BarlowJun 30, 2001
- Thirst for Justice, by Maude Barlow. Privatization of Bolivia's water supply fails in the face of protest, and a local coallition takes on water distribution.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.