Letter from the Editor
by Sarah van GelderJan 31, 2002
- These are the stories of people who are creating America, not only to fulfill their own American dream but to fulfill the common dream of all peoples for a world in which each child can grow up in peace and dignity.
Jan 31, 2002
- Touched by Love
The Page That Counts :: Spring 2002
Jan 31, 2002
- Frequency of use of the word “like” in standard American English conversation, and more...
Book Review - In God's Country by David A. Neiwert
by Scott MorrisJan 31, 2002
Book Review - Caring For New Life by Ron Miller
by Perri ArdmanJan 31, 2002
Book Review - White Collar Sweatshop by Jill Andresky Fraser
by Ellie WinninghoffJan 31, 2002
The Untold Story of America's
by Jack WeatherfordJan 31, 2002
- The Untold Story of America's Democracy by Jack Weathorford, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
by Sally Roesch WagnerJan 31, 2002
- How did early activists for women's rights dare to dream their revolutionary dream? They caught a glimpse of the possibility of freedom because they knew women who lived liberated lives, women who had always possessed rights beyond the suffragists' wildest imagination—Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) women.
American Journey: A Test And
by Kim StaffordJan 31, 2002
- American Journey: A test and freedom, by Kim Stafford, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
How To Be a Patriot
by Sam SmithJan 31, 2002
- how to be a patriot, by Sam Smith, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
Get Your Vote On
by Malika SandersJan 31, 2002
- In the early days of the campaign, I often wondered whether the oppressive conditions of Selma were just a figment of my own analysis because the people here seemed so uninspired to oust Smitherman. I realized later that people only needed the spirit of hope combined with inspired “people power” and the timing of “Greater power” to overcome their worst fears and make lasting changes a reality.
Resource Guide: What Does It Mean to Be an American?
Jan 31, 2002
- Organizations for human rights, immigration rights, civil rights, rights for freedom
by Jacob NeedlemanJan 31, 2002
- America is an original expression of ideas that have always been part of the great web of Truth. Explicitly and implicitly, the idea of America has resonated with this ancient, timeless wisdom and has allowed something of its power to touch the heart and mind of humanity. We must recover this resonance, this relationship, however tenuous and partial, between the teachings of wisdom and the idea of America.
What Happens To Your Heart
by David MorseJan 31, 2002
- The Campaign of Conscience joins North Americans who oppose the war in Iraq. They organize acts of civil disobedience and continue to provide humanitarian aid to Iraqis.
The (sometimes) Beautiful American
by John MohawkJan 31, 2002
- Throughout its history the United States has shown two faces: one that’s peaceful, promoting justice and self-determination, and one that’s selfish, defining its national interests in ways that promote suffering and brutality abroad.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.