How Women-Led Movements Are Redefining Power, From California to Nepal
by Rucha ChitnisMar 08, 2016
- In the face of corporate domination, economic injustice, and climate change, movements led by women offer a revolutionary path.
As European Women Stream to ISIS, This Reformed Extremist Is Offering Them a Different Path
by Deepa BharathMar 07, 2016
- When Yasmin Mulbocus found no justice after being sexually abused, she was drawn to an Islamic extremist group she believed could protect her. Twenty years later, she’s trying to stop other women from making the same mistake.
Meet America’s New Election-Integrity Watchman
by Dave LevinthalMar 07, 2016
- From Internet voting to automatic registration, the chairman of the Election Assistance Commission discusses what it takes to ensure honest elections.
Why Sex Ed Should Include Lessons on Young Love
by Amy SchaletMar 06, 2016
- The silence among adults about the existence of teen love may take a particular toll on adolescent boys.
#Asians4BlackLives: How Multiracial Alliances Help End Discrimination
by Natasha VarnerMar 05, 2016
- Currents of racism between Japanese Americans and African Americans might be ebbing as groups like #Asians4BlackLives stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.
Are Candidates Exploiting the Families of Black Victims for Votes? Sandra Bland’s Mom Says “No”
by Tyree Boyd-PatesMar 04, 2016
- Black votes matter, but some question whether Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton’s endorsements from relatives of police brutality victims are appropriate.
Why Teaming Up with Unions Might be the Best Way to Build the Co-Op Movement
by Brian Van SlykeMar 04, 2016
- Growing numbers of unions are successfully turning to the cooperative model to fight for workers’ rights.
This Boston Politician Gave Birth While in Office—and Paved the Way for Paid Parental Leave
by Lindsey WeedstonMar 03, 2016
- As the first Asian-American woman on the Boston City Council, and the first to give birth while serving in office, Michelle Wu brings needed diversity to the city’s government.
The West Coast Is the World’s 5th Largest Economy. Can It Unite to Stop Big Oil?
by Arun GuptaMar 03, 2016
- From First Nations activism to innovative city initiatives, the West Coast is leading the fight against global warming even as many countries lag behind.
16 Courageous Women Standing Up to Violence
by Kristin WilliamsMar 02, 2016
- From Ukraine to Mexico, women across the world are finding creative ways to break cycles of violence in their communities.
Call for Submissions: The Gig Economy
by YES! StaffMar 02, 2016
- Workers outside the traditional paycheck economy now constitute 30 percent of the workforce. The fall issue of YES! Magazine will look at what’s driving this new kind of economy, and how workers can help shift it into a better direction. Send us your pitches by March 25.
Craft Beer vs. Budweiser: How Small Brewers Are Winning Back the Neighborhood
by A.C. ShiltonMar 02, 2016
- Good beer comes from collaboration, not competition. By working together, small brewers everywhere are giving corporations a run for their money.
Eat to Boost Immunity: 6 Things You Need and Where to Find Them
by Keith BarbalatoMar 01, 2016
- Essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin D and Zinc can keep you from getting sick. But which foods have them, and when should you worry about consuming too much?
Justice For All
Mar 01, 2016
- Dig deep to identify and explain how you personally can treat people more justly. Describe what treating people fairly and humanely looks like to you. How might your actions make a difference where you live (school and community)? In greater society?
The Untold History of Female Friendship
by Rachel Vorona CoteMar 01, 2016
- To get an honest picture of female friendship, we must look beyond the familiar whitewashed stories in Western history and literature.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.