Finally, Jobs That Work for Parenting
by Anne MillerSep 26, 2016
- Right now I’m not worried about the glass ceiling. For now, with a young child, I’m embracing freelance work.
What’s at Stake: Watch the Clinton-Trump Debate with YES! Magazine
by James TrimarcoSep 26, 2016
- Use the hashtag #HighStakesNov8 to live tweet the debate with us.
Strangers Become Family at This Multigenerational Housing Project
by Kim EckartSep 25, 2016
- A unique affordable-housing community supports both foster families and elders who might be looking for a few extra grandchildren.
How to Raise an Environmentalist
by Jill SuttieSep 24, 2016
- Encouraging children to form an emotional attachment to nature may be key to protecting our planet’s future.
A Subzero Winter Is Coming to Standing Rock—Here’s Their Plan
by Michael J. DaxSep 23, 2016
- The camps are preparing to keep the Dakota Access pipeline blockade going strong—keeping resolve firm, spirits high, and thousands of bodies warm.
The Other Housing Crisis: Finding a Home in Rural America
by Melissa HellmannSep 22, 2016
- Thirty percent of rural Americans have substandard housing—and it’s expensive. But these communities are finding ways to give low-income residents homes of their own.
A Strategy to Stop the Funding Behind the Dakota Access Pipeline
by Bill McKibbenSep 22, 2016
- A key pipeline loan is still pending, and banks can be vulnerable to public pressure. We can fight alongside the Standing Rock Sioux at any one of 38 banks.
When They Shot Terence Crutcher, This Time I Watched
by Zenobia JeffriesSep 22, 2016
- Now I see that nothing can guarantee my son’s safety if he encounters police. That’s a hard thing for a mother. But it should be a hard thing for everyone.
How You Can Support Standing Rock
by Thane MaxwellSep 21, 2016
- This is your pipeline battle too. Whatever you have to offer, we need it. Wherever you are, take one step deeper. Find your voice. Find your own front lines.
Want National Security? Dismantle the War Machine
by David KortenSep 21, 2016
- A military response to violence creates more violence. For real security, we need to stop climate change and work toward shared prosperity.
Advising My Laid-Off Mom About Freelance Work
by Giulia PinesSep 20, 2016
- The economy has changed from many single-track, steady careers into workers who thrive on one-off gigs and “projects.” But when you’re over 60 and overqualified, how do you find a job?
A Mom’s Plea for Library Books Brought in 15,000—And Transformed Her Small Town
by Jane Braxton LittleSep 19, 2016
- Lit lovers from all over the country—including authors Sherman Alexie and Neil Gaiman—sent books to reopen the rural school library.
10 Photos That Show the Magnificent Light Shining on Standing Rock
by Josue RivasSep 19, 2016
- Despite all the news of pipeline regulation, court appeals, and activist arrests, Native photographer Josue Rivas reminds us that it is actually a peaceful place.
The Big Lie Going Around About a Tribe, a Pipeline, And Too Much Federal Regulation
by Mark TrahantSep 19, 2016
- Those with something to gain from the Dakota Access pipeline want us to believe the energy company is an overburdened victim.
Will Historic Standing Rock Talks Change U.S.-Tribe Relationships?
by Tristan AhtoneSep 16, 2016
- The Department of Justice promised to consider nationwide reform in how the U.S. treats tribal land. Legal experts consider what, exactly, that might look like.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.