Health Care Options at a Glance
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug PibelAug 22, 2006
- The various health care options used around the world are detailed based on costs, coverage, who pays and other factors.
Getting Clean in Maine
by Nancy WatzmanAug 21, 2006
- Clean Elections -- in other words public funding of elections -- helped make the passage of the Dirigo health care law possible in Maine.
Where FEMA feared to Tread
by Tim ShorrockAug 09, 2006
- When Katrina hit New Orleans, medics on bicycles toured the city bringing relief where other agencies failed to show.
Recipe for a Cooked Election
by Greg PalastAug 09, 2006
- In the 2004 election, more than 3 million ballots were never counted. Palast explains where they went, but also provides an example of hopeful voting reform in New Mexico.
Just the Facts
by Lilja OttoAug 09, 2006
- The costs of health care and prescriptions in the U.S. are graphically compared against the rest of the world. Why do U.S. drugs cost more?
Better Health Through Fairer
by Brydie RaganAug 09, 2006
- Being poor may be as great a risk factor in personal health as the consumption of cigarettes or junk food.
Speaking of Health Care
by Daina SaibAug 09, 2006
- Tales of people with insurance, people without, those who are ill, those who are not. Personal stories from patients, doctors, and activists.
A Growing Movement
by Rev. Linda H. WallingAug 08, 2006
- As Americans pay more for less health care, a movement toward universal health care is gaining steam.
If You Ask Maine
by Tish TanskiAug 07, 2006
- Maine residents tell state what they want, government moves to give greater access to health care.
A Quick Resource Guide
Aug 07, 2006
- Audio, video and reference book resources for taking action on community and national health care reform.
Indigenous People Open Summit to Preserve Sacred Mountain
by Brian CisnerosAug 04, 2006
- On the first day of the Summit of Nations, attention is paid to an endangered mountain in the South Dakota badlands and a discussion of key issues.
Has Canada Got the Cure?
by Holly DresselAug 04, 2006
- The United States pays far more than Canada per capita for its health care services, yet Canadians get better care, according to various experts.
Americans Speak on Health Care
Aug 03, 2006
- The Citizens’ Health Care Working Group solicited opinions regarding health care and prepared a report to Congress and the President.
American Health Care: A System to Die For
Aug 03, 2006
- A visual map of health care articles in the Fall 2006 issue.
War at Home: The Seattle Shootings
by Paul Rogat LoebAug 02, 2006
- No moral argument can justify the Seattle shootings. Suicide bombings and the firing of rockets at civilian populations in Israel are equally contemptuous of innocent lives. But the question isn't about justifications. It's how to stop future violence.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.