It Took a Village
by Heather MuellerNov 07, 2007
- In Miami, homeless citizens didn’t wait for the city. They created their own home and found dignity and safety.
MySpace Music Revolution
by Glenn PeoplesNov 07, 2007
- Everyone from aspiring hopefuls to superstars uses MySpace pages to connect with fans. It is becoming a technological equalizer.
Don't Fall in Love with the Guitarist. Be the Guitarist!
by Lisa BolyosNov 07, 2007
- All over the world, ladiezzz are celebrating, holding workshops and making music around the vague issue of being queer—by their own definitions.
Can We Talk?
by Vicki RobinNov 07, 2007
- Conversation Cafés are there to create a space for diverse strangers and neighbors to gather and talk about things of common interest and concern—culture, politics, philosophy and more.
Hot for Burning Man
by Charles ShawNov 07, 2007
- From the far-flung parts of the globe, Burners come to give expression to possibilities for the human race in unregulated space.
Zen, Busking and Anarchy
by Parke BurgessNov 07, 2007
- Playing music on the street resonates mightily with the subversive tone of Zen anarchism. It calls us to feel what we feel, to express what we are, and to be real.
Reclaiming Our Freedom to Learn
by Gustavo EstevaNov 07, 2007
- Creating alternatives to traditional schools, in Oaxaca they created their own university, "unitierra", where students learn whatever they want to learn, where students are their communities, and learn by apprenticeship.
The Fine Art of Raising a Ruckus
by Jen AngelNov 07, 2007
- Clowns and puppets, theater and drumbeats—street spectacle carves out space for experiencing a new world.
Live Free—Do It Yourself
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug PibelNov 07, 2007
- The consumer life carries invisible chains. Let's make spaces where we can be free. Step off the path. Free of debt, free of consumerism, moving into community and joy.
Taking Freedom to the Streets
by Sarah van GelderNov 07, 2007
- By liberating exterior spaces, people are also freeing their minds and hearts and opening up the potential of human society for greatness. Sarah van Gelder introduces the "Liberate Your Space" Winter 2008 issue of YES!
Theme Guide :: DIY Liberation
Nov 07, 2007
- Why wait for permission? Create the world you want right now. Start by doing what you love where you live and work. Claim space to be free and feed the human spirit. Don’t wait for the people in charge—become a pioneer of liberated spaces.
Pete Seeger: The Power of Song
by Jim BrownNov 07, 2007
- Jim Brown's new documentary Pete Seeger: The Power of Song, summarizes the 80-year career of America's preeminent folk-singer.
Focus the Nation
Nov 01, 2007
- Focus the Nation is engaging millions of students and citizens with political leaders and decision makers about Global Warming Solutions. There will be a culminating event on January 31, 2008 at over a thousand campuses and other venues.
Step It Up 2007 :: Nov 3 :: Letter from Bill
by Bill McKibbenNov 01, 2007
Americans Who Tell the Truth :: Curriculum
Nov 01, 2007
- Robert Shetterly's remarkable collection of portraits reminds us of the dignity, courage and importance of America's truth tellers. Here we offer curriculum tools to support the series.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.