Protecting Our Commons
by Sarah van Gelder, Doug PibelJul 29, 2007
- Keeping the air, the water, the Internet and other commons out of corporate hands and in our own. A YES! Magazine interactive graphic.
Beyond Campaign Finance Reform And More
by Charlie CrayJul 29, 2007
- People across the country aren't waiting for action from politicians and judges. Here are the hot spots where activists are getting corporations out of government and elections.
by Jeff KaplanJul 29, 2007
- Whether the issue is water rights, big-box stores, meddling in local politics, or the taking of citizen's lands, almost every community in the United States - if not the world - is being harmed by excessive corporate power. Strategies of resistance need to invoke the people's right to exercise democratic power over corporations and governments.
by Kaitlin Sopoci-BelknapJul 29, 2007
- In Arcata, California, and the rest of Humboldt County, non-local corporations are banned from politics.
Communities Take Power
by Doug PibelJul 29, 2007
- Communities across the country are declaring citizens' right and duty to protect their water, land, local economy, and way of life, even if it means taking on the enormous power of corporations. Here are some of the peaceful revolutionaries who have stepped up.
Who Will Rule?
by Michael Marx, Marjorie KellyJul 29, 2007
- Big corporation have become de facto governments, and the ethic that dominates corporations has come to dominate society. But, citizen movements are proving that we can take on corporate power, and together build a future that works for all life. This article gives hope on how to change the current corporate rule to citizen rule.
We the People, Rising
by Sarah van GelderJul 29, 2007
- Sarah van Gelder introduces the "Stand Up to Corporate Power" Issue. Corporate power has expanded in the media, health care, prisons, schools, war, disaster relief and on and on. We need to challenge excess corporate power.
Theme Guide :: Corporations
Jul 29, 2007
- Why try to fight? Corporations have the money and the power. That’s what we’re told. But people across the country are standing up to corporations. If we join forces, we can claim the power that rightly belongs to us.
Poetry by Wendell Berry
Jul 26, 2007
- Poetry by Wendell Berry - The Wild Geese
My Year of Eating Local: Zucchini Wars
by Barbara KingsolverJul 26, 2007
- In an excerpt from the book "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle", Barbara Kingsolver writes of the challenges of dealing with growing zucchini.
Mapa del Progreso
by Catherine Bailey, Sarah KuckJul 17, 2007
- Los líderes latinoamericanos fortalezen la democracia; movimientos sociales representando a pueblos indígenas, los sin tierra, trabajadoras y trabajadores desempleados, entre otros, ganan fuerza en su lucha por la justicia.
5 maneras para NO viajar como
by Lisa Gale GarriguesJul 17, 2007
- ¿Así que estás lista o listo para explorar Latinoamérica? Algunos consejos sobre cómo ir y quién puede ayudar.
Guía de Conversación
by Catherine Bailey, Zach KyleJul 17, 2007
- Una mirada hacia Latinoamérica puede recordar gentilmente a los Estados Unidos que la función de una democracia es, después de todo, cuidar de la gente. ¿Qué podemos aprender del progreso de Latinoamérica? ¿Qué podemos aplicar, si fuera posible, a nuestra propia sociedad?
Reconstrucción insurgente en Nueva
by Greg PalastJul 17, 2007
- Mostrándole a FEMA una o dos cosas acerca de la reconstrucción de comunidades... La organización Common Ground se hace cargo.
Healing Art of Gesundheit
Jul 17, 2007
- The Gesundheit! facility promotes healing through laughter and happiness.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.