Interview With Rep. Dennis Kucinich
by Sarah Ruth van GelderJun 30, 2002
- Since winning election to Congress in 1996, US Representative Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) has proposed such radical ideas as a Department of Peace, universal health care, and action on climate change. His speech, “Prayer for America,” got one standing ovation after another at an Americans for Democratic Action event in Los Angeles.
The Time of Your Life
by Martin KeoghJun 30, 2002
- With leaps, bounds, and stillness, dancers make peace with time.
Who's Afraid of Music
by Carol EstesJun 30, 2002
- Music can tell truths that otherwise go unheard, inspiring action, and sustaining resistance.
Speak Out Anyway
by Fran KortenJan 31, 2002
- Danny Glover speaks out against the death penalty and starts an uproar, where he is discriminated against.
Letter from the Editor
by Sarah van GelderJan 31, 2002
- These are the stories of people who are creating America, not only to fulfill their own American dream but to fulfill the common dream of all peoples for a world in which each child can grow up in peace and dignity.
Jan 31, 2002
- Touched by Love
The Page That Counts :: Spring 2002
Jan 31, 2002
- Frequency of use of the word “like” in standard American English conversation, and more...
Book Review - In God's Country by David A. Neiwert
by Scott MorrisJan 31, 2002
Book Review - Caring For New Life by Ron Miller
by Perri ArdmanJan 31, 2002
Book Review - White Collar Sweatshop by Jill Andresky Fraser
by Ellie WinninghoffJan 31, 2002
The Untold Story of America's
by Jack WeatherfordJan 31, 2002
- The Untold Story of America's Democracy by Jack Weathorford, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
by Sally Roesch WagnerJan 31, 2002
- How did early activists for women's rights dare to dream their revolutionary dream? They caught a glimpse of the possibility of freedom because they knew women who lived liberated lives, women who had always possessed rights beyond the suffragists' wildest imagination—Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) women.
American Journey: A Test And
by Kim StaffordJan 31, 2002
- American Journey: A test and freedom, by Kim Stafford, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
How To Be a Patriot
by Sam SmithJan 31, 2002
- how to be a patriot, by Sam Smith, YES! A Journal of Positive Futures,
Get Your Vote On
by Malika SandersJan 31, 2002
- In the early days of the campaign, I often wondered whether the oppressive conditions of Selma were just a figment of my own analysis because the people here seemed so uninspired to oust Smitherman. I realized later that people only needed the spirit of hope combined with inspired “people power” and the timing of “Greater power” to overcome their worst fears and make lasting changes a reality.
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.