The Lost Art of Dropping By
by Patrisia GonzalesFeb 01, 2005
- The Lost Art of Dropping By by Patrisia Gonzales - creating neighborliness.
Rehearsing with Gods
by Marc Estrin, Ronald T. SimonJan 21, 2005
- Since the 1960s, Bread & Puppet Theater has come to life in urban street protests and remote farmlands, awakening in audiences a sense of wonder, solidarity, and a recollection of life’s essentials.
The Fragrance of Faith: the Enlightened Heart of Islam by Jamal Rahman
by Rabbi Ted FalconJan 19, 2005
- A book as important as Jamal Rahman's The Fragrance of Faith needs to be recommended with as much grace as possible for it contains precious reminders that the spiritual teachings of Islam are as filled with compassion as they can be.
The Balkan Journalist Dialogues
by Joanne M. Lisosky, Ph.DJan 18, 2005
by Sarah Ruth van GelderJan 18, 2005
- One tribe took a chance on inviting a coalition of native and non-native people to help them win back their ancient village site and the home of Chief Seattle.
Pranksters Sink the WTO
by Andy Bichlbaum, Mike Bonanno, Bob SpunkmeyerDec 17, 2004
- Pranksters (YES Men) impersonate WTO spokesmen and declare the demise of the World Trade Organization.
Discussion Guide for Healing and Resistance
Nov 23, 2004
- November 2 dashed the hopes of millions. After an election that stirred such passions, how do we move forward as a nation? In this issue, we look at the fractures underlying our present social landscape, the new fears and old scars, and how we can heal them. How can we resist these destructive spirals? How can we overturn ancient patterns of harm? What sources of healing are within and around us?
Renewing the American Experiment: A Post Election Reflection
by David KortenNov 16, 2004
- Our reform agenda:1. Voter Rights: Guaranteed right to vote for all citizens. 2. Clean Elections: Public financing of elections. 3. Fair Access: free airtime 4. Open Debates 5. Equal Representation: Introduce proportional representation. 6. Voter Choice: Introduce instant runoff voting. 7. Equal Voice: Abolish the Electoral College 8. Electoral Integrity: nonpartisan election administration. 9. Human Rights: Are for people, not corporations.
Insisting on Peace in Colombia
by Bill WeinbergNov 11, 2004
- The indigenous peoples, peasants, and urban youth of Colombia are declaring themselves off limits to the region's longest running war.
A Media Movement is Catching On
by Fran KortenNov 11, 2004
- Here’s a question that haunts me: If we had a vibrant, decentralized media system in this country, would we have gone to war in Iraq?
The Page that Counts :: Winter 2005
Nov 11, 2004
- Percent of the nation’s poor who live in the suburbs: . . . .
The Warriors Who Turned to Peace
by John MohawkNov 11, 2004
- John Mohawk discusses what we can learn from the legacy of Haudenosaunee peace making: peace is the result of righteousness, reason, and power.
Finding a Way Home
by Carolyn McConnellNov 11, 2004
- Help for veterans returning home from Iraq. How have they been changed by their experience?
Spare the Rod
by Riane EislerNov 11, 2004
- It's not coincidental that throughout history the most violently despotic and warlike societies have been those in which violence, or the threat of violence, is used to maintain domination of parent over child and man over woman.
A Life Lived Whole
by Parker PalmerNov 08, 2004
- What happens when people refuse to live a lie?
Most Recent Articles - YES!
YES! has a positive solution-oriented focus. We reframe issues, reflect diverse human-scale stories, and offer tools for people to use and to pass along. Here are our most recent articles and blogs.