Do you have a passion for ‘getting the word out’ about important stories and causes? Do you love making connections and meeting new people? Are you interested in engaging with community leaders, social change movements, media contacts, and thoughtful YES! fans and readers across the country?
This might be the YES! internship for you. Flexible, organized, creative, and enthusiastic individuals will thrive in this position.
- plan and execute a daily social media strategy—featuring YES! articles, special live events, promotional campaigns, community engagement, and more
- plan and execute outreach to community organizations and activist networks nationwide
- plan and execute press outreach and assist with media monitoring
- plan and coordinate the YES! presence at a variety of local and national events
- create event pages for the YES! website, and occasionally for Facebook
- coordinate and participate in other collaborative staff projects
- assist with the coordination of YES! volunteers around the country
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- excellent internet research skills
- organized, self-motivated and able to work independently on projects
- comfort with content creation technology—intern will use social media daily, post content on YES! Magazine’s website, and have occasional opportunities for live-event coverage (live-tweeting, photographing, video shooting, etc.)
- comfort with communication and collaboration technology—intern will make regular use of chat, texting, shared Google Docs, and more.
- an interest in the YES! take, sustainability, social justice, activism, community organizing
- comfort and flexibility in working in multiple locations (on-site at Bainbridge Island office, off-site in Seattle, variety of live local events) — preferred, but not essential for this internship
- marketing and/or PR experience is beneficial, but not required for this internship
For more information about the schedule for this internship and application deadlines, please contact us at internships [at] yesmagazine.org.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and three references to internships [at] yesmagazine.org with "Media and Outreach Internship" in the subject field.