The creative spirit, and how it moves us.
Rehearsing with Gods
by Marc Estrin, Ronald T. Simonposted Jan 21, 2005
- Since the 1960s, Bread & Puppet Theater has come to life in urban street protests and remote farmlands, awakening in audiences a sense of wonder, solidarity, and a recollection of life’s essentials.
The Fragrance of Faith: the Enlightened Heart of Islam by Jamal Rahman
by Rabbi Ted Falconposted Jan 19, 2005
- A book as important as Jamal Rahman's The Fragrance of Faith needs to be recommended with as much grace as possible for it contains precious reminders that the spiritual teachings of Islam are as filled with compassion as they can be.
Book Review - In Praise of Slowness: How a Worldwide Movement is Challenging the Cult of Speed
by Ellie Winninghoffposted Aug 20, 2004
- This book by Carl Honore explores our infatuation with speed, and speed's impact on community, relationships,fear, and more.
COMPASSIONATE LISTENING and Other Writings
by Gene Knudsen Hoffmanposted Aug 20, 2004
- A book about re-establishing relationships among those in conflict as a form of reconciliation.
In Review :: After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order
by David Kortenposted Aug 20, 2004
- Is the American empire waning? David Korten reviews a book by French demographer Emmanuel Todd.
Book Review - With All Our Strength: the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan
by Negin Almassiposted Jul 18, 2004
Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
by Vicki Robinposted Jul 18, 2004
- Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
Book Review - A Human Being Died That Night: a South African Story of Forgiveness
by Leah Samuelposted Jul 18, 2004
Book review - Global Woman: Nannies, Maids, And Sex Workers In the New Economy
by Robin Broadposted Jul 18, 2004
Appropriating the Internet for Global
by Mark Surman, Katherine Reillyposted May 20, 2004
- Activists are appropriating the Internet to collaborate, get heard, and mobilize. But this is just the beginning. Grassroots globalization
Readers Take Action
by Jill Jacoby, Felicia Grayposted May 20, 2004
- A project that integrates ecological restoration, art, water education and community participation in Duluth, MN by Jill Jacoby. Global Visionaries by Felicia Gray
Book Review: Radical Simpliciy: Small Footprints On a Finite Earth
by Doug Pibelposted May 20, 2004
- Book review of RADICAL SIMPLICITY: Small Footprints on a Finite Earth by Jim Merkel- Reviewed by Doug Pibel
Book Review: Teaching the Restless
by Marie Eatonposted May 20, 2004
- Teaching the Restless is a sharp critique of schooling, child-rearing practices, and America's increasing rush to medicate away any perceived ‘problem' behaviors. In a disarmingly honest narrative, Chris Mercogliano admits his biases and presents his arguments through persuasive success stories about children who, in most schools, would have been "medicated to learn."
making the whole world a witness
by Dana Hughesposted May 20, 2004
- Human rights abuses thrive in the dark, dank world of censorship and government secrecy. What is those in danger could shine the light of publicity where it matters most? promotion and defense of human rights through video and other communications technology
Does anyone else feel this strange
by Carol Estesposted May 20, 2004
- Does anyone else feel this strange music? by Carol Estes... A young radical poet, Drew Dellinger, and an elder philosopher, Thomas Berry, forge an unlikely cosmological partnership.