The creative spirit, and how it moves us.
Book Review: No More Throw-away People by Edgar Cahn
by David Bollierposted Apr 26, 2005
- No More Throwaway People is a provocative analysis of the non-market economy and an inspiration for the social service community.
Book Review: The Boiling Point by Ross Gelbspan
by K C Goldenposted Apr 26, 2005
- The science of global warming, and the dream of the "World Energy Modernization Plan" are two issues covered in the book
Film Review: The Take and Argentina: Hope in Hard Times
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted Apr 18, 2005
- Lisa Gale Garrigues reviews two films about Argentina during the economic crisis of 2002. Both films offer lessons in what ordinary people can do.
Media Hero: Juan Gonzalez
by Anthony Lappeposted Apr 13, 2005
- New York Daily News reporter and Democracy Now! co-host, and president of National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
by Darrin Burgessposted Apr 12, 2005
- Darrin Burgess reviews "Hope Dies Last" and "The Impossible Will Take a Little While"
If You’re Not Making Television, It’s Making You
by Dirk Koningposted Mar 16, 2005
- Kids learn to make media at GRTV. They make websites, and develop and deliver curriculum on media literacey and voting.
Dipping a Toe Into the Blogosphere
by Micah Sifryposted Feb 21, 2005
- Writing your own blog is easy.
Rehearsing with Gods
by Marc Estrin, Ronald T. Simonposted Jan 21, 2005
- Since the 1960s, Bread & Puppet Theater has come to life in urban street protests and remote farmlands, awakening in audiences a sense of wonder, solidarity, and a recollection of life’s essentials.
The Fragrance of Faith: the Enlightened Heart of Islam by Jamal Rahman
by Rabbi Ted Falconposted Jan 19, 2005
- A book as important as Jamal Rahman's The Fragrance of Faith needs to be recommended with as much grace as possible for it contains precious reminders that the spiritual teachings of Islam are as filled with compassion as they can be.
Book Review - In Praise of Slowness: How a Worldwide Movement is Challenging the Cult of Speed
by Ellie Winninghoffposted Aug 20, 2004
- This book by Carl Honore explores our infatuation with speed, and speed's impact on community, relationships,fear, and more.
COMPASSIONATE LISTENING and Other Writings
by Gene Knudsen Hoffmanposted Aug 20, 2004
- A book about re-establishing relationships among those in conflict as a form of reconciliation.
In Review :: After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order
by David Kortenposted Aug 20, 2004
- Is the American empire waning? David Korten reviews a book by French demographer Emmanuel Todd.
Book Review - With All Our Strength: the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan
by Negin Almassiposted Jul 18, 2004
Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
by Vicki Robinposted Jul 18, 2004
- Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
Book Review - A Human Being Died That Night: a South African Story of Forgiveness
by Leah Samuelposted Jul 18, 2004