If You’re Not Making Television, It’s Making You
by Dirk KoningMar 16, 2005
- Kids learn to make media at GRTV. They make websites, and develop and deliver curriculum on media literacey and voting.
Dipping a Toe Into the Blogosphere
by Micah SifryFeb 21, 2005
- Writing your own blog is easy.
Rehearsing with Gods
by Marc Estrin, Ronald T. SimonJan 21, 2005
- Since the 1960s, Bread & Puppet Theater has come to life in urban street protests and remote farmlands, awakening in audiences a sense of wonder, solidarity, and a recollection of life’s essentials.
The Fragrance of Faith: the Enlightened Heart of Islam by Jamal Rahman
by Rabbi Ted FalconJan 19, 2005
- A book as important as Jamal Rahman's The Fragrance of Faith needs to be recommended with as much grace as possible for it contains precious reminders that the spiritual teachings of Islam are as filled with compassion as they can be.
Book Review - In Praise of Slowness: How a Worldwide Movement is Challenging the Cult of Speed
by Ellie WinninghoffAug 20, 2004
- This book by Carl Honore explores our infatuation with speed, and speed's impact on community, relationships,fear, and more.
COMPASSIONATE LISTENING and Other Writings
by Gene Knudsen HoffmanAug 20, 2004
- A book about re-establishing relationships among those in conflict as a form of reconciliation.
In Review :: After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order
by David KortenAug 20, 2004
- Is the American empire waning? David Korten reviews a book by French demographer Emmanuel Todd.
Book Review - With All Our Strength: the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan
by Negin AlmassiJul 18, 2004
Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
by Vicki RobinJul 18, 2004
- Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
Book Review - A Human Being Died That Night: a South African Story of Forgiveness
by Leah SamuelJul 18, 2004
Book review - Global Woman: Nannies, Maids, And Sex Workers In the New Economy
by Robin BroadJul 18, 2004
Review: The Unconquerable World: Power, Nonviolence, And the Will of the People
by Carolyn McConnellMay 20, 2004
- Book Review: THE UNCONQUERABLE WORLD: Power, Nonviolence, and the Will of the People By Jonathan Schell
Book Review: Couldn't Keep It To Myself: Testimonies From Our Imprisoned Sisters
by Bill WilliamsMay 20, 2004
- COULDN'T KEEP IT TO MYSELF: Testimonies from our Imprisoned Sisters By Wally Lamb and the Women of York Correctional Institution. Book Review by Bill Williams.
How To Change the World In Three Easy Clicks
by Don Hazen, Tai MosesMay 20, 2004
- MoveOn has become the most powerful activist voice in America, attracting more than 1.5 million members domestically and hundreds of thousands more around the world
Appropriating the Internet for Global
by Mark Surman, Katherine ReillyMay 20, 2004
- Activists are appropriating the Internet to collaborate, get heard, and mobilize. But this is just the beginning. Grassroots globalization
The creative spirit, and how it moves us.