Feb 22, 2008
- "I've tried everything and my footprint is still a size 10..." Caption submitted by Wanda Rockwell.
The First Women Barefoot Solar Engineers of the Gambia
Feb 14, 2008
- See the solar installation in process, start to finish: follow two rural illiterate women from The Gambia who learn how to become Barefoot Solar Engineers.
Quote :: Lester Brown
Feb 08, 2008
- One way or another, the choice will be made by our generation, but it will affect life on earth for all generations to come. Illustrated with a photo of solar units brought on foot to a Himalayan village. The Barefoot College of Tilonia, India is training locals on installation and repair of solar units.
Photo Essay :: Pete Seeger at Home
by Michael BowmanFeb 08, 2008
- This photo series by Michael Bowman for YES! Magazine shows folk-legend Pete Seeger at his home in Beacon, New York, overlooking the Hudson River, in December, 2007.
The Story of Stuff by Annie Leonard
by Annie LeonardFeb 04, 2008
- The Story of Stuff will take you on a provocative tour of our consumer-driven culture—from resourc extraction to iPod incineration—exposing the real costs of our use-it and lose-it approach to stuff.
YES! Picks :: Argentina, Turning Around
by Melissa Young, Mark DworkinFeb 04, 2008
- From the producers of "Argentina: Hope in Hard Times" comes this intimate view of the new models of work, politics and community development that are now underway, as people re-invent their society to offer a better life for all.
Who Killed the Electric Car?
by Chris PaineFeb 04, 2008
- Find out why do the only kind of cars that we can drive run on oil. And discover a terrific alternative, a pure electric car.
In Review :: YES! Picks - Music
Feb 03, 2008
- Our musical inspiration while putting out the Spring 2008 issue: Brett Dennen, Give Us Your Poor, Butch Hancock.
Interview with Maude Barlow
by Maude BarlowJan 15, 2008
- Maude Barlow, chair of Council of Canadians, and international campaigner on water and climate change, talks about successes with major international campaigns on trade and water, and how climate change will affect and be affected by these issues. She draws lessons from those struggles for effective action on the climate crisis.
Dec 31, 2007
- "I guess you're right, Sue. This relationship is getting nowhere." Caption submitted anonymously.
Quote :: Paul Goodman
by Paul GoodmanNov 27, 2007
- Paul Goodman quote that appears in the inside front cover of print magazine.
The People Speak Out at FCC Hearing in Seattle
by Reclaim the MediaNov 14, 2007
- Fran Korten and Sarah van Gelder speak out against consolidation of media ownership at the November 2007 Seattle FCC hearings
Nov 13, 2007
- "Supposedly it gets 35 miles per talon." Caption submitted by Linda Prescatore.
Umoja Village Photo Essay
by Heather MuellerNov 09, 2007
- In Miami, homeless citizens didn’t wait for the city. They created their own home and found dignity and safety. Article: Heather Mueller. Photo essay: Rolfe Ross.
People Taking Charge :7: Free Art, No REALLY free
Nov 07, 2007
- Adam Neate creates art and leaves it on the street.
The creative spirit, and how it moves us.