In Their Own Words
Jun 16, 2007
- A YES! photo-essay with portraits and accompanying interviews with the Cuban pioneers of global health care.
Jun 14, 2007
- A preview of the documentary film ¡Salud! which examines the Cuban health care system and its role in the quest for global health.
Jun 13, 2007
- "That wasn't what I meant by having someone to look up to!" Caption submitted by Paul Ventura.
by Catherine Bailey, Sarah KuckMay 31, 2007
- Yes! reveals their musical inspiration while putting together this issue as well as favorite independent films.
Film Resources: Latin America
May 16, 2007
- The YES! team's recommendations for great documentaries and feature films from Latin America to accompany this issue.
May 11, 2007
- Review of the documentary "Favela Rising" with Anderson Sa frontman for the band Afro Reggae. AfroReggae's music has brought the sound of hope to Brazil's slums.
Voices of Time
by Eduardo GaleanoMay 11, 2007
- The work of Eduardo Galeano, Uruguayan author and historian. His book of stories Voices of Time: A Life in Stories is published by Metropolitan Books.
May 10, 2007
- "So many ways to sink or swim." Caption submitted by Henning Drager.
Affect Change: Go to the US Social Forum
May 08, 2007
- People explain why they are going to the US Social Forum in Atlanta, Georgia, June 27-July 1, 2007.
Electric Surfboard Cartoon
Mar 30, 2007
- "Sure it keeps your feet warm, but you can only surf the inshore break." Caption submitted by Townsend Twainhart.
Mar 26, 2007
- YES! staff reveal their musical inspiration while while putting out this issue: Matisyahu's 'Youth'; Amos Lee; and Laura Veirs' 'Carbon Glacier'.
Mar 23, 2007
- A selection from Eddie Adams' celebrated photographs of the lives of an extraordinary group of courageous individuals worldwide: the 'defenders' of human rights.
Poetry excerpt :: 'A Brave and Startling Truth'
by Maya AngelouMar 22, 2007
- An excerpt from Maya Angelou's poem 'A Brave and Startling Truth.'
Rabbit Ears Cartoon
Feb 25, 2007
- "The reception is far better than my TV set's, and I can now hop around the office without drawing attention." Caption submitted by Donna Gilliland.
Hospital Flag Cartoon
Feb 25, 2007
- "Well, yes, we were going to do a heart transplant, but we just couldn't find yours." Caption submitted by Richard Brooks.
The creative spirit, and how it moves us.