Prayers and Poems
Mar 05, 2003
- A selection of prayers and poems on Iraq
Book Review - Silent Theft: The Private Plunder of Our Common Wealth by David Bollier
by Jonathan RoweDec 31, 2002
Watching the Watchers
by Megan RowlingDec 31, 2002
- Surveillance Camera Players, SCP, retaining privacy, Street Performances challenging surveillance technologies
by Jeff Chester, Gary O. LarsonDec 31, 2002
- center for Digital Democracy, open access to the internet, electronic commons
Play Your Own Tune
by Ricardo "Kool Aid" ChavezDec 31, 2002
- hip-hop/rap for the good
by Desiree EvansDec 31, 2002
- Third world majority digital storytelling conference, Underground Railroad, ceate digital stories from the found material in lives, relaiming histories for people of color
Book Review - Salons: the Joy of Conversation - Turning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hope
by Andrew EngelsonSep 30, 2002
- Reviews - Salons: the Joy of Conversation by Jaida N’Ha Sandra, Jon Spayde and the editors of Utne ReaderTurning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hopeby Margaret Wheatley
Book Review - Is There No Other Way? by Michael N. Nagler
by Carolyn McConnellSep 30, 2002
Book Reviews : Take It Personally, The Global Activist's Manual, Global Backlash.
by Jason MarkSep 30, 2002
Book Review - The Power of Partnership by Riane Eisler
by Holly WelkerSep 30, 2002
Book Review: Having Faith: An Ecologist's Journey To Motherhood by Sandra Steingraber
by Elise MillerJun 30, 2002
- Steingraber takes Rachel CarsonÕs Silent Spring a step further by turning her scientific gaze inward at the budding new life in her own womb.
Film Review - In the Light of the Sacred by Christopher McLeod and Malinda Maynor
by Timothy IistowanohpataakiiwaJun 30, 2002
Book Review - The Divine Right of Capital by Marjorie Kelly
by Jonathan RoweJun 30, 2002
Nonviolent Soldier of Islam: Badshah Khan, a Man To Match His Mountains
by Michael N. NaglerJun 30, 2002
- A review of the book about the world’s first nonviolent army, called by Abdul Ghaffar (Badshah) Khan, who had joined Gandhi to lead his fellow Muslims in the struggle against British colonialism.
Warm, Dry, And Noble
by Andrea DeanJun 30, 2002
- Samuel Mockbee founded Rural Studio, creating simple but inventive structures made of inexpensive, mostly salvaged or donated materials.
The creative spirit, and how it moves us.