May 13, 2010
- Learn how to reuse graywater, harvest rainwater, and install composting and dry toilets.
PODCAST :: Van Jones: Why I’m Going to Washington
by Van Jones, Doug PibelMar 10, 2009
- YES! Editor Doug Pibel talked to Van Jones, following his acceptance of a position as Special Advisor for Green Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) in March 2009.
Madhu's Kitchen Secrets
by Madhu Suri PrakashFeb 11, 2009
- Madhu Suri Prakash shares secrets from her mother’s village kitchen.
Michael Pollan on Food Policy
Feb 11, 2009
- Listen to Michael Pollan on Food Policy on KUOW's Weekday. 54 minutes
Interview with “No Impact Man” Colin Beavan
by Colin Beavan, Amy GoodmanDec 29, 2008
- Amy Goodman talks with Colin Beavan on Democracy Now. “And finally, on this Christmas Eve, I’m joined by a man who makes a compelling environmental case for a non-consumptive Christmas. Colin Beavan is also known as the No Impact Man. Beavan, along with his wife, their two-year-old daughter and dog, spent a year attempting to minimize their ecological footprint while continuing to live in the heart of New York City.”
Walking Through Fear :: Interview
by Frances Moore LappeNov 05, 2008
- Frances Moore Lappé’s book Diet for a Small Planet had sold 3 million copies. She co-founded organizations to fight hunger and bolster democracy. Along with her daughter, Anna, she traveled the world to gather stories for Hope’s Edge. Yet, like many of us, she experienced a time when her world crumbled…
When the Smiling Rose Looks at You in Spring
by HafezJul 12, 2008
- This recording features Iraj Anvar. Iraj teaches Persian Literature at Columbia and other universities, and has done a more direct translation of this poem for YES! Magazine.
Navigating The Great Turning From Empire To Earth Community
by David KortenMay 31, 2008
- David Korten’s presentation to the Seattle Green Festival shows that we humans can choose to turn this moment of planetary crisis into a new era, grounded in life-affirming values of community, caring, and cooperation.
Audio: Swim Against the Current
by Jim HightowerApr 30, 2008
- Listen to Jim Hightower read an excerpt of Chapter 14 of his book Swim Against the Current.
Why Positive Journalism Matters
by Sarah van GelderMar 26, 2008
- Listen to Sarah van Gelder's interview by Chris Vondrasek on KBCS' One World Report: "It is part of our journalistic task—to pay attention to where there is news of successful change."
Interview with Maude Barlow
by Maude BarlowJan 15, 2008
- Maude Barlow, chair of Council of Canadians, and international campaigner on water and climate change, talks about successes with major international campaigns on trade and water, and how climate change will affect and be affected by these issues. She draws lessons from those struggles for effective action on the climate crisis.
The People Speak Out at FCC Hearing in Seattle
by Reclaim the MediaNov 14, 2007
- Fran Korten and Sarah van Gelder speak out against consolidation of media ownership at the November 2007 Seattle FCC hearings
Interview with Victoria Tauli-Corpuz
by Sarah van GelderOct 29, 2007
- An historic event happened on September 13, 2007. The United Nations, after nearly 25 years of work, adopted the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Malik Rahim Speaks to the Freedom Caravaners
by Sarah van GelderJun 27, 2007
- Malik Rahim speaks about the Common Ground vision for its neighborhood that goes beyond restoring it to its previous state.
Interview with Victoria Rodriguez
by Sarah van GelderJun 27, 2007
- Interview with Victoria Rodriguez from Southwest Organizing Project, while on the Freedom Caravan to the USSF, June 2007.
Listen to interviews, podcasts, radio programs that tell the YES! stories.