Book Review: No More Throw-away People by Edgar Cahn
by David BollierApr 26, 2005
- No More Throwaway People is a provocative analysis of the non-market economy and an inspiration for the social service community.
Book Review: The Boiling Point by Ross Gelbspan
by K C GoldenApr 26, 2005
- The science of global warming, and the dream of the "World Energy Modernization Plan" are two issues covered in the book
by Darrin BurgessApr 12, 2005
- Darrin Burgess reviews "Hope Dies Last" and "The Impossible Will Take a Little While"
The Fragrance of Faith: the Enlightened Heart of Islam by Jamal Rahman
by Rabbi Ted FalconJan 19, 2005
- A book as important as Jamal Rahman's The Fragrance of Faith needs to be recommended with as much grace as possible for it contains precious reminders that the spiritual teachings of Islam are as filled with compassion as they can be.
Book Review - In Praise of Slowness: How a Worldwide Movement is Challenging the Cult of Speed
by Ellie WinninghoffAug 20, 2004
- This book by Carl Honore explores our infatuation with speed, and speed's impact on community, relationships,fear, and more.
COMPASSIONATE LISTENING and Other Writings
by Gene Knudsen HoffmanAug 20, 2004
- A book about re-establishing relationships among those in conflict as a form of reconciliation.
In Review :: After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order
by David KortenAug 20, 2004
- Is the American empire waning? David Korten reviews a book by French demographer Emmanuel Todd.
Book Review - With All Our Strength: the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan
by Negin AlmassiJul 18, 2004
Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
by Vicki RobinJul 18, 2004
- Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
Book Review - A Human Being Died That Night: a South African Story of Forgiveness
by Leah SamuelJul 18, 2004
Book review - Global Woman: Nannies, Maids, And Sex Workers In the New Economy
by Robin BroadJul 18, 2004
Review: The Unconquerable World: Power, Nonviolence, And the Will of the People
by Carolyn McConnellMay 20, 2004
- Book Review: THE UNCONQUERABLE WORLD: Power, Nonviolence, and the Will of the People By Jonathan Schell
Book Review: Couldn't Keep It To Myself: Testimonies From Our Imprisoned Sisters
by Bill WilliamsMay 20, 2004
- COULDN'T KEEP IT TO MYSELF: Testimonies from our Imprisoned Sisters By Wally Lamb and the Women of York Correctional Institution. Book Review by Bill Williams.
Book Review: Radical Simpliciy: Small Footprints On a Finite Earth
by Doug PibelMay 20, 2004
- Book review of RADICAL SIMPLICITY: Small Footprints on a Finite Earth by Jim Merkel- Reviewed by Doug Pibel
Book Review: Teaching the Restless
by Marie EatonMay 20, 2004
- Teaching the Restless is a sharp critique of schooling, child-rearing practices, and America's increasing rush to medicate away any perceived ‘problem' behaviors. In a disarmingly honest narrative, Chris Mercogliano admits his biases and presents his arguments through persuasive success stories about children who, in most schools, would have been "medicated to learn."
Reading list for a better world.