Book Review: “A is for Activist” by Innosanto Nagara
by Corey HillNov 14, 2012
- From Activist to Zapatista, this “children’s book for the 99 percent” infuses the alphabet with the energy and consciousness of Occupy Wall Street.
A Pastor, a Rabbi, and an Imam Walk Into a Book ...
by Jenn CarretoJul 04, 2012
- In "Religion Gone Astray," three leaders—and friends—from different religions take on violence, exclusivity, gender inequality, and homophobia in some of their scriptures' most controversial verses. What they discovered surprised them.
The Achilles' Heel of the American Dream
by Sean BurnsJun 28, 2012
- Book Review: “Hillbilly Nationalists, Urban Race Rebels, and Black Power” profiles the radical, working-class movements of the '60s and '70s—a guide for transformation today.
Book Review: GreenDeen
by Jamal RahmanApr 01, 2011
- How Islamic faith and environmentalism can be combined in everyday life.
Book Review: Food Justice
by Laura KaliebeMar 01, 2011
- What's wrong with our food system—and how can we fix it?
All That We Share
by Jay WalljasperDec 20, 2010
- Welcome to a new kind of movement—one that reshapes how we think about ownership and cooperation.
In Review: Raising Eyebrows
by Jill BamburgNov 09, 2010
- In his new book, Dal LaMagna offers advice on creating an honest business.
Diet for a Hot Planet
by Kathleen YaleSep 29, 2010
- The climate crisis at the end of your fork and what you can do about it
by Mark EnglerSep 29, 2010
- On the front lines in the fight against coal
The Return of Jim Crow
by Carol EstesSep 29, 2010
- How today's criminal justice system takes up where slavery and segregation left off
Summer Reading from YES! Magazine
Aug 06, 2010
- Find out where the YES! staff is finding inspiration this summer.
Why Power Is Not a Dirty Word
by Frances Moore LappeJul 02, 2010
- Frances Moore Lappé looks at redefining power and taking it back.
Wild Comfort: The Solace of Nature
by Rev. Wendy L. BellJun 25, 2010
- The Rev. Wendy L. Bell reviews Kathleen Dean Moore latest book. Wild Comfort: The Solace of Nature
Common Ground in a Liquid City
by Sarah KuckJun 25, 2010
- Re-imagining our cities is the best chance we have to create prosperity, lower our carbon emissions, and save what’s left of the natural world.
A Call for a Democratic Economy
by Zach CarterJun 25, 2010
- Raj Patel offers a stunning defense of democracy and a how-to guide for social justice activists of the next century.
Reading list for a better world.