by Mark EnglerSep 29, 2010
- On the front lines in the fight against coal
The Return of Jim Crow
by Carol EstesSep 29, 2010
- How today's criminal justice system takes up where slavery and segregation left off
Summer Reading from YES! Magazine
Aug 06, 2010
- Find out where the YES! staff is finding inspiration this summer.
Why Power Is Not a Dirty Word
by Frances Moore LappeJul 02, 2010
- Frances Moore Lappé looks at redefining power and taking it back.
Wild Comfort: The Solace of Nature
by Rev. Wendy L. BellJun 25, 2010
- The Rev. Wendy L. Bell reviews Kathleen Dean Moore latest book. Wild Comfort: The Solace of Nature
Common Ground in a Liquid City
by Sarah KuckJun 25, 2010
- Re-imagining our cities is the best chance we have to create prosperity, lower our carbon emissions, and save what’s left of the natural world.
A Call for a Democratic Economy
by Zach CarterJun 25, 2010
- Raj Patel offers a stunning defense of democracy and a how-to guide for social justice activists of the next century.
Getting a Grip 2
by Frances Moore LappeMay 13, 2010
- Frances Moore Lappé speaks about her new book to a group of YES! Magazine staff and friends at the home of David and Fran Korten, April 2010.
Welcome to Eaarth
by Scott GastApr 27, 2010
- Bill McKibben’s latest book explores what it’ll take to live on a planet less sweet than it used to be. During a recent stop in Seattle, he described the smaller, slower, and wiser future that may be our best bet.
The End of the Long Summer
by Sherry BoschertApr 13, 2010
- A new book by a leading science writer tells what we need to do to survive climate change.
Getting to the Heart of Interfaith
by Rev. Wendy L. BellApr 13, 2010
- The Eye-Opening, Hope-Filled Friendship of a Pastor, a Rabbi & a Sheikh.
Book Excerpt: Getting to the Heart of Interfaith
by Pastor Don Mackenzie, Rabbi Ted Falcon, Sheikh Jamal RahmanApr 13, 2010
- In the chapter "Honoring the Spirit" the Interfaith Amigos describe one of the most meaningful moments they have experienced in their work together.
Bringing it to the Table
by James TrimarcoMar 30, 2010
- Wendell Berry on Farming and Food. Pragmatic and passionate insights appear in each of the 24 essays in Bringing it to the Table by Wendell Berry, reviewed here by James Trimarco.
Meeting Faith: An Inward Odyssey
by Faith AdieleFeb 11, 2010
- American Girls: An excerpt from Faith Adiele's memoir.
The Food of a Younger Land
by Laura KaliebeDec 15, 2009
- Author Mark Kurlansky unearths a Depression-era project to document the country’s food traditions.
Reading list for a better world.