COMPASSIONATE LISTENING and Other Writings
by Gene Knudsen HoffmanAug 20, 2004
- A book about re-establishing relationships among those in conflict as a form of reconciliation.
In Review :: After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order
by David KortenAug 20, 2004
- Is the American empire waning? David Korten reviews a book by French demographer Emmanuel Todd.
Book Review - With All Our Strength: the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan
by Negin AlmassiJul 18, 2004
Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
by Vicki RobinJul 18, 2004
- Book Review- CONFRONTING CONSUMPTION Edited by Thomas Princen, Michael Maniates, and Ken Conca
Book Review - A Human Being Died That Night: a South African Story of Forgiveness
by Leah SamuelJul 18, 2004
Book review - Global Woman: Nannies, Maids, And Sex Workers In the New Economy
by Robin BroadJul 18, 2004
Review: The Unconquerable World: Power, Nonviolence, And the Will of the People
by Carolyn McConnellMay 20, 2004
- Book Review: THE UNCONQUERABLE WORLD: Power, Nonviolence, and the Will of the People By Jonathan Schell
Book Review: Couldn't Keep It To Myself: Testimonies From Our Imprisoned Sisters
by Bill WilliamsMay 20, 2004
- COULDN'T KEEP IT TO MYSELF: Testimonies from our Imprisoned Sisters By Wally Lamb and the Women of York Correctional Institution. Book Review by Bill Williams.
Book Review: Radical Simpliciy: Small Footprints On a Finite Earth
by Doug PibelMay 20, 2004
- Book review of RADICAL SIMPLICITY: Small Footprints on a Finite Earth by Jim Merkel- Reviewed by Doug Pibel
Book Review: Teaching the Restless
by Marie EatonMay 20, 2004
- Teaching the Restless is a sharp critique of schooling, child-rearing practices, and America's increasing rush to medicate away any perceived ‘problem' behaviors. In a disarmingly honest narrative, Chris Mercogliano admits his biases and presents his arguments through persuasive success stories about children who, in most schools, would have been "medicated to learn."
Book Reviews: Now is it time to close the prisons?
by Carol EstesDec 31, 2003
- Now is it time to close the prisons? by Carol Estes - Book reviews of THE PERPETUAL PRISONER MACHINE: How America Profits from Crime By Joel Dyer - ARE PRISONS OBSOLETE? By Angela Y. Davis - PRISON NATION: The Warehousing of America's Poor Edited by Tara Herivel and Paul Wright - THE DEATH GAME: Capital Punishment and the Luck of the Draw - By Mike Gray
Book Review- Fatal Harvest: the Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture edited by Andrew Kimbrell
by Ellie WinninghoffMar 31, 2003
Book Review: Alternatives to Economic Globalization
by Wolfgang SachsMar 31, 2003
- Alternatives to Economic Globalization: A Report of the International Forum on Globalization
Book Review - Silent Theft: The Private Plunder of Our Common Wealth by David Bollier
by Jonathan RoweDec 31, 2002
Book Review - Salons: the Joy of Conversation - Turning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hope
by Andrew EngelsonSep 30, 2002
- Reviews - Salons: the Joy of Conversation by Jaida N’Ha Sandra, Jon Spayde and the editors of Utne ReaderTurning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hopeby Margaret Wheatley
Reading list for a better world.