Reading list for a better world.
Book Review: Radical Simpliciy: Small Footprints On a Finite Earth
by Doug Pibelposted May 20, 2004
- Book review of RADICAL SIMPLICITY: Small Footprints on a Finite Earth by Jim Merkel- Reviewed by Doug Pibel
Book Review: Teaching the Restless
by Marie Eatonposted May 20, 2004
- Teaching the Restless is a sharp critique of schooling, child-rearing practices, and America's increasing rush to medicate away any perceived ‘problem' behaviors. In a disarmingly honest narrative, Chris Mercogliano admits his biases and presents his arguments through persuasive success stories about children who, in most schools, would have been "medicated to learn."
Review: The Unconquerable World: Power, Nonviolence, And the Will of the People
by Carolyn McConnellposted May 20, 2004
- Book Review: THE UNCONQUERABLE WORLD: Power, Nonviolence, and the Will of the People By Jonathan Schell
Book Review: Couldn't Keep It To Myself: Testimonies From Our Imprisoned Sisters
by Bill Williamsposted May 20, 2004
- COULDN'T KEEP IT TO MYSELF: Testimonies from our Imprisoned Sisters By Wally Lamb and the Women of York Correctional Institution. Book Review by Bill Williams.
Book Reviews: Now is it time to close the prisons?
by Carol Estesposted Dec 31, 2003
- Now is it time to close the prisons? by Carol Estes - Book reviews of THE PERPETUAL PRISONER MACHINE: How America Profits from Crime By Joel Dyer - ARE PRISONS OBSOLETE? By Angela Y. Davis - PRISON NATION: The Warehousing of America's Poor Edited by Tara Herivel and Paul Wright - THE DEATH GAME: Capital Punishment and the Luck of the Draw - By Mike Gray
Book Review- Fatal Harvest: the Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture edited by Andrew Kimbrell
by Ellie Winninghoffposted Mar 31, 2003
Book Review: Alternatives to Economic Globalization
by Wolfgang Sachsposted Mar 31, 2003
- Alternatives to Economic Globalization: A Report of the International Forum on Globalization
Book Review - Silent Theft: The Private Plunder of Our Common Wealth by David Bollier
by Jonathan Roweposted Dec 31, 2002
Book Review - Salons: the Joy of Conversation - Turning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hope
by Andrew Engelsonposted Sep 30, 2002
- Reviews - Salons: the Joy of Conversation by Jaida N’Ha Sandra, Jon Spayde and the editors of Utne ReaderTurning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hopeby Margaret Wheatley
Book Review - Is There No Other Way? by Michael N. Nagler
by Carolyn McConnellposted Sep 30, 2002
Book Reviews : Take It Personally, The Global Activist's Manual, Global Backlash.
by Jason Markposted Sep 30, 2002
Book Review - The Power of Partnership by Riane Eisler
by Holly Welkerposted Sep 30, 2002
Book Review: Having Faith: An Ecologist's Journey To Motherhood by Sandra Steingraber
by Elise Millerposted Jun 30, 2002
- Steingraber takes Rachel CarsonÕs Silent Spring a step further by turning her scientific gaze inward at the budding new life in her own womb.
Film Review - In the Light of the Sacred by Christopher McLeod and Malinda Maynor
by Timothy Iistowanohpataakiiwaposted Jun 30, 2002
Book Review - The Divine Right of Capital by Marjorie Kelly
by Jonathan Roweposted Jun 30, 2002