Reading list for a better world.
Review: The Unconquerable World: Power, Nonviolence, And the Will of the People
by Carolyn McConnellposted May 20, 2004
- Book Review: THE UNCONQUERABLE WORLD: Power, Nonviolence, and the Will of the People By Jonathan Schell
Book Review: Couldn't Keep It To Myself: Testimonies From Our Imprisoned Sisters
by Bill Williamsposted May 20, 2004
- COULDN'T KEEP IT TO MYSELF: Testimonies from our Imprisoned Sisters By Wally Lamb and the Women of York Correctional Institution. Book Review by Bill Williams.
Book Reviews: Now is it time to close the prisons?
by Carol Estesposted Dec 31, 2003
- Now is it time to close the prisons? by Carol Estes - Book reviews of THE PERPETUAL PRISONER MACHINE: How America Profits from Crime By Joel Dyer - ARE PRISONS OBSOLETE? By Angela Y. Davis - PRISON NATION: The Warehousing of America's Poor Edited by Tara Herivel and Paul Wright - THE DEATH GAME: Capital Punishment and the Luck of the Draw - By Mike Gray
Book Review- Fatal Harvest: the Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture edited by Andrew Kimbrell
by Ellie Winninghoffposted Mar 31, 2003
Book Review: Alternatives to Economic Globalization
by Wolfgang Sachsposted Mar 31, 2003
- Alternatives to Economic Globalization: A Report of the International Forum on Globalization
Book Review - Silent Theft: The Private Plunder of Our Common Wealth by David Bollier
by Jonathan Roweposted Dec 31, 2002
Book Review - Salons: the Joy of Conversation - Turning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hope
by Andrew Engelsonposted Sep 30, 2002
- Reviews - Salons: the Joy of Conversation by Jaida N’Ha Sandra, Jon Spayde and the editors of Utne ReaderTurning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hopeby Margaret Wheatley
Book Review - Is There No Other Way? by Michael N. Nagler
by Carolyn McConnellposted Sep 30, 2002
Book Reviews : Take It Personally, The Global Activist's Manual, Global Backlash.
by Jason Markposted Sep 30, 2002
Book Review - The Power of Partnership by Riane Eisler
by Holly Welkerposted Sep 30, 2002
Book Review: Having Faith: An Ecologist's Journey To Motherhood by Sandra Steingraber
by Elise Millerposted Jun 30, 2002
- Steingraber takes Rachel CarsonÕs Silent Spring a step further by turning her scientific gaze inward at the budding new life in her own womb.
Film Review - In the Light of the Sacred by Christopher McLeod and Malinda Maynor
by Timothy Iistowanohpataakiiwaposted Jun 30, 2002
Book Review - The Divine Right of Capital by Marjorie Kelly
by Jonathan Roweposted Jun 30, 2002
Nonviolent Soldier of Islam: Badshah Khan, a Man To Match His Mountains
by Michael N. Naglerposted Jun 30, 2002
- A review of the book about the world’s first nonviolent army, called by Abdul Ghaffar (Badshah) Khan, who had joined Gandhi to lead his fellow Muslims in the struggle against British colonialism.
Book Review - In God's Country by David A. Neiwert
by Scott Morrisposted Jan 31, 2002