Review of Culture Jam: the Uncooling of AmericaTM
by Dan BertoletNov 05, 2001
- A review of the book Culture Jam, by Kalle Lasn, founder of Adbusters magazine.
by John de Graaf, David Wann, Thomas H. NaylorNov 05, 2001
- Review of Affluenza by John de Graaf, David Wann, Thomas H. Naylor.
Book Review: No Logo
by Walden BelloSep 30, 2001
- Walden Bello reviews Klein's book on the culture of brand capitalism and the rise of the anti-corporate globalization movement.
Book Review - Utopian Legacy: a history of conquest and oppression in the western world
by Doug PibelJun 30, 2001
- Book review of Utopian Legacy by John Mohawk. Reviewed by Doug Pibel.
Book Review - Rosa Parks by Douglas Brinkley
by Grace Lee BoggsJun 30, 2001
- Historian Douglas Brinkley, also the author of award-winning biographies of Jimmy Carter and Franklin D. Roosevelt, reveals the difficult decisions that educated Parks politically and empowered her not only to say “no” on December 1, 1955, but to give permission for her “no” to become the basis for a constitutional challenge. Reviewed by Grace Lee Boggs.
Book Review - When Healing Becomes a Crime: by Kenny Ausubel
by Ellie WinninghoffMar 31, 2001
- When Healing Becomes a Crime: The amazing story of the Hoxsey cancer clinics and the return of alternative therapies
Book Review - Against All Odds by John Rensenbrink
by Patrick MazzaOct 27, 2000
- Book Review - Against All Odds by John Rensenbrink
Book Review: Planet Dialectics by Wolfgang Sachs
by Misa SarosSep 30, 2000
- In Planet Dialectics, Wolfgang Sachs repeatedly asks the nagging question: "Whose development and of what?"
Book Review - Graceful Simplicity by Jerome Segal, Living Lightly by Walter and Dorothy Schwarz
by John de GraafJun 30, 2000
- Segal shows that now, perhaps for the first time in history, it is possible to create a society where all people can live simply but gracefully, with time for the things that really matter – deep friendships and relationships, a beautiful and clean environment, and freedom from fear and insecurity. All that is needed is the political will.
Book Review - Many Mountains Moving edited by Naomi Horii and Marilyn Krysl
by H.D. LailJun 30, 2000
Book Review - Communities Directory: A Guide to Intentional Communities and Cooperative Living
by Amy WinchesterJun 30, 2000
Book Review- Believing Cassandra: an optimist looks at a pessimist's world by Alan AtKisson
by Donella MeadowsJun 30, 2000
Book Review: No Future Without Forgiveness by Desmond Tutu, and Love in Chaos by Mary McAleese
by Maryann GormanMar 31, 2000
Yes Magazine Book Reviews: Natural Capitalism: Creating the Next Industrial Revolution by Paul Hawke
by Andre CarouthersMar 31, 2000
Book Review: Green Collar Jobs: Working In the New Northwest by Alan Thein Durning
by Michael E. ConroyMar 31, 2000
Reading list for a better world.