350.org Weekend of Action: Global Mobilization on Climate Change
Dec 14, 2009
- Climate activists came together December 11-13 to hold candlelight vigils and rallies to show solidarity with the nations who suffer the earliest and most severe impacts of climate change.
350 Day of Action
Dec 11, 2009
- 350 might be the most important number in the world—which is why people around the world are finding powerful ways to make that number known.
Spontaneous Smiley Project
Dec 11, 2009
- Ruth Kaiser, founder of the Spontaneous Smiley Project, sees smiles in everyday life. Here, she shares a few of her favorite spontaneous photographs.
Cool Globes in Copenhagen
Dec 09, 2009
- "Cool Globes: Hot Ideas for a Cooler Planet" is a public art exhibit featuring over 25 large globes, each with a different message about climate change.
N30 Global Day of Action on Climate Crisis
Dec 07, 2009
- On November 30, the 10th anniversary of the 1999 World Trade Organization protests in Seattle, activists call for urgent action on the global climate crisis.
Climate Direct Action Camp
Nov 16, 2009
- In June 2008, activists gathered in Montana for the Climate Ground Zero Citizens Direct Action Training Camp, where they learned skills including the history and practice of nonviolent direct action, campaign strategy, and community organizing.
Nov 11, 2009
- Susan Hardman photographs Costa Rica, which topped the 2009 Happy Planet Index. The Index takes into consideration factors such as a country's ecological footprint and life expectancies.
Oct 06, 2009
- The Bamboo Bike Studio in Brooklyn, New York, teaches students to build their own bamboo bicycles in one weekend. Workshop proceeds help finance bamboo bike factories in Ghana, Kenya, and Ecuador.
Let's Think Peace
Sep 21, 2009
- Huong, an artist, peace activist, and former refugee who fled her native Vietnam in 1975, has painted her visions of war and peace for more than three decades.
New Crop of Farmers
Feb 13, 2009
- Today’s young farmers are protecting the land and seeds, reclaiming farming traditions, and sharing abundance with family and community. Meet some of these young farmers in our photo essay.
Week of Nonviolence in Iraq :: Photo Essay
Dec 02, 2008
- Photos and stories from Iraq's third annual Week of Nonviolence, organized by La’Onf. More than 100 citizen groups in all 18 Iraqi provinces participated in the event.
Bhutan :: Land of the Thunder Dragon :: Photo Essay
by JenFu ChengNov 07, 2008
- “I do believe that I have left a part of my heart in this mountain land. And, in return, the people of Bhutan continue to lift my soul each day.” says photographer JenFu Cheng about his journey to Bhutan, the Land of the Thunder Dragon.
WTO Photo Quiz
by Kevin SharpJul 30, 2008
- Photographer Kevin Sharp paired his photos of the 1999 event with stills from the new film. You might be surprised by what's real and what's not
Equality Ride :: Photos from the 2007 Tour
by Adam Britt, Amanda HarrisJul 29, 2008
- Photos from the 2007 Equality Ride, bringing 50 riders to conservative campuses to show the humanity and spirituality of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people.
Life in Iran with Rick Steves
by Abdi SamiJul 11, 2008
- In March of 2008 Rick Steves travelled to Iran to produce a travel documentary on the country and its people. Rick's intention was to put a human face on the people behind the headlines about Iran. Here are photos and stories from the team's ten days of traveling.
New visions of the world we thought we knew.