Telling inspiring stories of social change.
posted Feb 01, 2012
- Video: Why is the Occupy movement focused on bank deregulation?
The Koch Brothers Exposed
by Oliver Lazenbyposted Feb 01, 2012
- Film Review: How far do the tentacles of the Kochtopus reach? Follow the money with this collection of 13 short films.
Save the Shoes! A Life Lesson from a Volunteer Firefighter
posted Jan 30, 2012
- Volunteer Firefighter Mark Bezos reminds us that heroism starts with everyday acts of kindness.
How to Reverse the Corporate Coup d’Etat
posted Jan 26, 2012
- Chris Hedges and Lawrence Lessig discuss the Occupy movement, Citizens United, and our best options for real reform.
Occupy the Dream: MLK’s Legacy in the Age of Occupy
posted Jan 16, 2012
- What would Martin Luther King, Jr. have made of the worldwide social movements of 2011?
Why Own When You Can Share?
posted Jan 11, 2012
- Welcome to the new age of collaborative consumption.
The Scientization of Politics
posted Dec 22, 2011
- How did climate science get so politicized—and what can we do about it? Climatologist Michael Mann responds in this TEDx talk.
I Will Be A Hummingbird
posted Dec 21, 2011
- Nobel Peace Prize winner Wangari Maathai tells the beautiful tale of a hummingbird determined to save its home from a destructive forest fire. She reminds us that insurmountable odds shouldn't prevent us from trying our best.
Grace Lee Boggs’ Message to the Occupiers
posted Dec 16, 2011
- A lifelong activist shares her thoughts on revolution.
The Majestic Plastic Bag: A Mockumentary
posted Dec 12, 2011
- The epic journey of a plastic bag from its release into the wild to ultimate destination in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Occupy’s Next Stop: Foreclosed Homes
posted Dec 07, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street protesters are now taking on foreclosure directly, helping families stay in homes or move into vacant ones.
Occupy Economics: Because We’re Teaching It Wrong
posted Dec 05, 2011
- Does Occupy Wall Street highlight the failures of traditional Econ 101? These economists think so.
The Story of Broke
posted Nov 08, 2011
- Is it true that the U.S. can no longer afford to take care of its residents the way it once did? Annie Leonard takes on the "we're broke" myth in this 8-minute video.
Red State Ranchers Vs. the Pipeline
posted Oct 07, 2011
- Nebraska isn’t known for environmental activism—but an oil pipeline that would cross the Ogallala aquifer is changing that.
A Moveable Planet
posted Sep 29, 2011
- Video: In more than 175 countries, people found creative ways to show they're ready to move away from fossil fuels.