A Graduation Speech Like No Other
Jun 06, 2011
- Eric Duquette was told he would probably land in an institution, unlikely to graduate. Listen to how Eric beat the odds and let his light shine.
The World Becomes What You Teach
Jun 03, 2011
- Zoe Weil: What we commonly think of as the goal of education—preparing students for jobs in our economy—is a vision "too small and outmoded for today's world."
15 Years of Saying YES!
Jun 03, 2011
- Video: 15 years ago, YES! Magazine's founders wondered if, amidst the doom and gloom, there was a place for journalism about hope and possibility. They found their answer.
Mr. Colbert Goes to the FEC
by Brooke JarvisMay 18, 2011
- The satirist wants to form "a megaphone made of cash"—his own super PAC.
Sarah van Gelder: 15 Years of YES!
May 15, 2011
- Laura Flanders of GritTV interviews Sarah van Gelder, co-founder and executive editor of YES! Magazine.
The Adventures of a Stubborn Grandmother
May 06, 2011
- From StoryCorps, a funny, poignant interview between a strong-willed woman, her son, and her granddaughter.
Life With Poetry, But No Parole
by Spoon JacksonMay 06, 2011
- Locked up for life, prisoner poet Spoon Jackson discovered life as a "melody that flowed like free verse."
How to Fight Fracking and Win
Apr 26, 2011
- What started as one couple's fight against gas drilling in their local park grew into a campaign to save more than 700,000 acres of Pennsylvania forest.
You Can’t Ignore Me Any Longer
by Jing FongApr 14, 2011
- Street artist JR brings art to improbable places, creating projects that force us to really see each other.
Wadah Khanfar: Hope for the Arab World
Mar 15, 2011
- Video: The head of Al Jazeera shares his hope for the Arab world's new future—and how we can all help it grow.
Finding Creativity in Our Frenzied World
Mar 14, 2011
- Video: John Cleese on how to let your tortoise mind come out to play.
An Oasis in a Food Desert
Mar 09, 2011
- Video: In West Oakland, a community cooperative is providing an alternative to fast food and packaged snacks.
The Story of Citizens United
Mar 01, 2011
- Annie Leonard's new film asks: Why have corporations gotten so powerful? And what can we do about it?
US Uncut: How to Do Your Own Bail-In
Feb 24, 2011
- Advice from UK Uncut: Bringing an uncut protest to your town is easy.
We Are Wisconsin
Feb 23, 2011
- Video: Meet the people making history in Wisconsin.
Telling inspiring stories of social change.