Telling inspiring stories of social change.
You Can’t Ignore Me Any Longer
posted Apr 14, 2011
- Street artist JR brings art to improbable places, creating projects that force us to really see each other.
Wadah Khanfar: Hope for the Arab World
posted Mar 15, 2011
- Video: The head of Al Jazeera shares his hope for the Arab world's new future—and how we can all help it grow.
Finding Creativity in Our Frenzied World
posted Mar 14, 2011
- Video: John Cleese on how to let your tortoise mind come out to play.
An Oasis in a Food Desert
posted Mar 09, 2011
- Video: In West Oakland, a community cooperative is providing an alternative to fast food and packaged snacks.
The Story of Citizens United
posted Mar 01, 2011
- Annie Leonard's new film asks: Why have corporations gotten so powerful? And what can we do about it?
US Uncut: How to Do Your Own Bail-In
posted Feb 24, 2011
- Advice from UK Uncut: Bringing an uncut protest to your town is easy.
We Are Wisconsin
posted Feb 23, 2011
- Video: Meet the people making history in Wisconsin.
“This is a Peaceful Protest”
posted Feb 21, 2011
- Video: What's it like in the Wisconsin capitol?
Egypt's Revolution: Behind the Scenes
posted Feb 18, 2011
- Al Jazeera reports on the years of organizing that underpinned Egypt's "spontaneous" uprising.
Film Trailer: The Economics of Happiness
posted Feb 14, 2011
- How going local can restore our ecosystems, our societies, and our spirits.
Sir Ken on Changing Paradigms
posted Feb 09, 2011
- Sir Ken Robinson does it again! In this brilliant RSA Animate video, the creativity expert uncovers the link between drop-out rates, dwindling support of the arts, and ADHD.
Words That Inspire: It Couldn’t Be Done
posted Feb 06, 2011
- There are few things that motivate young people more than to be told that something can’t be done. High school student Ashe Jaafaru reads "It Couldn't Be Done", a poem by Edgar Albert Guest.
Film Trailer: Countdown to Zero
posted Feb 01, 2011
- An estimated 23,000 nuclear weapons exist in the world. Why that number needs to be zero.
One Plastic Beach
posted Jan 20, 2011
- Video: One kilometer of beach. Thousands of pounds of plastic. One couple turning it all into art.
Austin: Learning to Run a Cooperative
posted Jan 02, 2011
- Video: David Brancaccio visits the owners of Yo Mama's Catering Cooperative.