These Native American Filmmakers Are Telling Their People's Stories—Their Way
by Christine St. PierreJul 01, 2014
- Longhouse Media helps indigenous artists step behind the camera and document their lives.
The Young Turks on YouTube: Keepin' It Real and Beating Out Corporate News
by Kali SwensonJun 24, 2014
- With over one billion views on YouTube and counting, The Young Turks prove that successful, independent, online news is possible.
Watch the Beautiful One-Minute Ad Asking the Washington Football Team to Change Its Name
by Liz PleasantJun 10, 2014
- With the owner of the team vowing "NEVER" to change its name, Native American tribes around the country launch a national campaign to do just that.
How the Real Teens Behind "The Fault in Our Stars" Are Bringing Empathy to the Internet
by Christopher Zumski FinkeJun 06, 2014
- They call themselves "nerdfighters"—and they're unlike any movement you've seen before.
Fear of a Brown Planet: Watch This Stand-Up Comedian Explain 'Reverse Racism'
by Kali SwensonMay 27, 2014
- Bullying, police brutality, and everyday insensitivities are regularly lampooned with Australians Aamer Rahman and Nazeem Hussain's weapon of choice: comedy.
Questions No One Knows the Answers To
Feb 17, 2014
- TED Curator Chris Anderson shares his boyhood obsession with quirky questions that seem to have no answers.
"Human Libraries" and Classes Taught By Babies? They're All Part of the Empathy Revolution
by Roman KrznaricFeb 10, 2014
- Empathy can be a force for radical social change, but only if we understand how to unleash it.
How Cooking Can Change Your Life
Jan 28, 2014
- In this powerful RSA Short, Michael Pollan shares some real talk about the difference between home cooked food and food made by corporations.
Facing Ourselves: The Climate Challenge Needs a New Kind of Bravery
by YES! online staffNov 28, 2013
- Before fighting climate change, we must first confront our emotions about it.
These 5 Black Friday Send-Ups Remind Us to Keep Laughing, Not Shopping
by Erin SagenNov 27, 2013
- Think the "biggest shopping day of the year" has become too depraved to be funny? Let Louis C.K., Seinfeld, and South Park transform your anxiety into hilarity.
Nov 18, 2013
- KarmaTube music video on kindness.
Kids Can Teach Themselves
Oct 21, 2013
- In this TED Talk, 2013 TED Prize Winner Sugata Mitra believes that a child-driven education is the best way for kids to learn. Mitra shares his findings from his Granny Cloud and Hole in the Wall projects.
Bitcoin's Growing Influence: How Peer-to-Peer Currencies Are Taking Off
by YES! online staffSep 20, 2013
- The decentralization and bank-free nature of this digital currency is enjoying wider acceptance. Meanwhile, governments are beginning to borrow from its ideas.
India Killed Off Most of Its Vultures—Here's Why It Cost Their Economy Billions
by YES! online staffSep 13, 2013
- When about 97 percent of India's vultures died due to eating carcasses that contained a drug called diclofenac, it caused a boom in the feral dog population. The resulting rabies epidemic cost India billions of dollars between 1993 and 2006.
What Will Climate Change Mean for Ethiopia's Coffee Crop?
by YES! online staffAug 30, 2013
- Scientists at the Royal Botanic Gardens in Kew, London, have learned that climate change endangers Ethiopia's coffee crops. Here's what they're doing to make sure the plants will survive.
Telling inspiring stories of social change.