The Tragic Gap: Between Idealism and Cynicism
by Parker PalmerAug 14, 2009
- Parker Palmer on how to move from what is to what we know to be possible.
Protecting What We Love: Judy Wicks
Jul 22, 2009
- Interview with local living economies advocate Judy Wicks.
In Review :: YES! Film Picks - The Singing Revolution / Flow
May 06, 2009
- Reviews of our favorite films for the summer '09.
Flow :: Interview with the Director
Apr 30, 2009
- Director Irena Salina on why more people in the West are becoming aware of the human and environmental impact of water scarcity, how reservoir privatization affects common people, and what the role of world government should be in resolving the problem before it's too late.
Sarah van Gelder on GRITtv
by Sarah van Gelder, Laura FlandersApr 09, 2009
- YES! Magazine's executive editor and co-founder Sarah van Gelder on why we need news and also solutions.
YES! Film Picks: War Child / The End of Poverty?
Feb 13, 2009
- Reviews of some of our favorite films of the season.
White House Food Gardens
Feb 11, 2009
- This video is part of Kitchen Gardeners International's Eat the View! campaign to convert part of the White House lawn into an edible landscape.
David Korten on Democracy Now! :: Chapter 1
by David KortenFeb 04, 2009
- As President Barack Obama reveals more details of his $825 billion economic stimulus plan, Amy Goodman of Democracy Now! speaks to David Korten about his new book: Agenda for a New Economy.
Fran Korten's Friendship with Obama's Mother
by Fran KortenFeb 04, 2009
- Fran Korten lived in Indonesia, where she worked with Barack Obama's mother Ann Soetoro at the Ford Foundation. Here she shares stories of their friendship with Amy Goodman at Democracy Now!
Voices for Change :: YES! Reports from DC
by Len DavisJan 24, 2009
- Videographer Len Davis was in DC for YES! Magazine, capturing voices around the inauguration.
Who is David Korten?
by David KortenJan 14, 2009
- David Korten talks to the Trinity Institute about the defining moments in his life and the values that inspire his work.
The Globally Responsible Way to Recycle Your Electronics
by Jon SayerDec 17, 2008
- A non-profit in northwest Washington state takes people's unwanted computers and either sells them to people who can't afford a typical computer or recycles them in a safe, sustainable way.
Dec 17, 2008
- Imagine a school where every child feels safe, loved, and celebrated, where bullying, violence, and other forms of oppression are things of the past.
Free Hugs Campaign
Dec 17, 2008
- Sometimes, a hug is all that we need. Free Hugs is the real life controversial story of Juan Mann, a man whose sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger to put a smile on their face.
by Dee WilliamsNov 04, 2008
- Positive change begins at home. So when Dee Williams decided to change her life, thats where she started. In fact, she redefined what "home" meant, right down to what it was, and where it could go.
Telling inspiring stories of social change.