Telling inspiring stories of social change.
Stacy Mitchell: We Can’t Shop Our Way to a Better Economy
posted Nov 29, 2012
- Buying local isn’t enough. If we’re going to get our economy back on track, we have to re-center on communities.
Rapper 2 Chainz: Ex-Felons Can Get Their Voting Rights Back
posted Oct 31, 2012
- One the biggest voting myths is that those with felonies on their record have lost the right to vote forever. Here’s how you can get re-enfranchised.
The Power of Introverts
posted Oct 12, 2012
- Does society favor extroverts over introverts? In this TEDTalk, social psychologist Susan Cain takes us into an introvert's world, and shares why being quiet and contemplative should be acknowledged and celebrated.
Gar Alperovitz on Cooperative Economy: “I’ll Bet My Life on It”
posted Oct 04, 2012
- Gar Alperovitz was in Seattle for the annual meeting of the National Cooperative Business Association and spoke at Town Hall Seattle immediately following a live screening of the first presidential debate. YES! Magazine’s executive editor Sarah van Gelder introduced him.
Minnesota’s Ground Zero for Unjust Evictions
posted Jul 18, 2012
- A glitch in PNC Bank’s online payment system meant the Cruz family’s home fell into foreclosure, putting it at the center of a committed community stand-off.
One Day On Earth
posted Jun 15, 2012
- What does a given moment look like on the other side of the globe? A new documentary captures a single day in every country on Earth.
Alice Walker: Beauty in Truth
posted Jun 04, 2012
- How the poet, activist, and Pulitzer Prize-winning author has changed the world with her words.
You Can’t Ban History
posted May 31, 2012
- An artist's response to Arizona's ban on ethnic studies.
Pete Seeger: Forever Young
posted May 16, 2012
- You’re never too old to change the world.
Yes, the Climate is Changing
posted May 10, 2012
- Video: People around the world show how climate change is already affecting their lives.
Be All You Can Be ... In the Guitarmy
posted May 03, 2012
- Video: Thousands of protesters in New York City sing, “This Land Is Your Land.”
A Slumber Party on Wall Street
posted Apr 19, 2012
- Video: Occupiers are once again camping in protest, this time outside the New York Stock Exchange.
Israelis and Iranians Feel the Love
posted Apr 11, 2012
- As their leaders talk violence, some residents of Israel and Iran are reaching out to each other directly with a promise of peace.
A DIY Civilization
by Colleen Shaddoxposted Mar 26, 2012
- Can we create the machines of modern life sustainably, cheaply, and close to home?
Smart Like You
posted Mar 14, 2012
- Comedian Dhaya Lakshminarayanan learns the value of a good education, the importance of Seinfeld, and most of all, how to be a good teacher.