The creative spirit, and how it moves us.
- Photo Essays
- New visions of the world we thought we knew.
- Soundtrack to a revolution.
- Reading list for a better world.
- Wisdom to go.
- Telling inspiring stories of social change.
- Create your own captions.
- Poets speak out.
- Listen to interviews, podcasts, radio programs that tell the YES! stories.
- Watch trailers to our pick of maddening and motivating independent films.
A Patchwork Guide to the (Disappearing) Neighborhood
by Kathryn Clarkposted Apr 24, 2012
- How have foreclosures transformed the layouts of Detroit, Las Vegas, and other cities? Artist Kathryn Clark’s mapped it—in quilts.
A Slumber Party on Wall Street
posted Apr 19, 2012
- Video: Occupiers are once again camping in protest, this time outside the New York Stock Exchange.
Israelis and Iranians Feel the Love
posted Apr 11, 2012
- As their leaders talk violence, some residents of Israel and Iran are reaching out to each other directly with a promise of peace.
What We Owe Adrienne Rich
by Madeline Ostranderposted Mar 30, 2012
- The late poet was a patriot who wrestled for the soul of her country.
Cooperatives Put People—and Democracy—to Work
posted Mar 30, 2012
- How worker-owned businesses from Cleveland to Spain are nurturing life and jobs outside the corporate framework.
A DIY Civilization
by Colleen Shaddoxposted Mar 26, 2012
- Can we create the machines of modern life sustainably, cheaply, and close to home?
Art on the Edge of Law
posted Mar 22, 2012
- Who gets to break the law, and why? An exploration through art.
Smart Like You
posted Mar 14, 2012
- Comedian Dhaya Lakshminarayanan learns the value of a good education, the importance of Seinfeld, and most of all, how to be a good teacher.
Occupy Sends In the Clowns
posted Mar 06, 2012
- Meet the + Brigades, an Occupy effort to bring more innovation to the art of nonviolent protest.
How Much Is That Politician in the Window?
posted Feb 27, 2012
- Sarah van Gelder on a record season of corporate-funded political advertising and what it means for the 99 percent.
Just Label It: Let Us Know It’s GMO
posted Feb 24, 2012
- Because wouldn’t it be nice if they had to tell you what’s in your food?
We’re the People: Close-Ups from Zuccotti Park
by Joseph O. Holmesposted Feb 15, 2012
- Photo Essay: Portraits of a nascent society.
The Revolution is Love
posted Feb 14, 2012
- What’s love got to do with the Occupy movement?
Bill McKibben: “The Biggest Fight of Our Time”
by Madeline Ostranderposted Feb 14, 2012
- In which one of the world’s best-known climate activists gets personal about the enormous task of saving our planet.
A Magna Carta Moment for Internet Freedom
posted Feb 08, 2012
- Video: Why we must fight for our online rights—before they’re sold, legislated, and programmed away.