The creative spirit, and how it moves us.
- Photo Essays
- New visions of the world we thought we knew.
- Soundtrack to a revolution.
- Reading list for a better world.
- Wisdom to go.
- Telling inspiring stories of social change.
- Create your own captions.
- Poets speak out.
- Listen to interviews, podcasts, radio programs that tell the YES! stories.
- Watch trailers to our pick of maddening and motivating independent films.
YES! Music Picks: Spring 2012
posted Feb 01, 2012
- Musical inspiration while putting together the Spring 2012 issue.
Save the Shoes! A Life Lesson from a Volunteer Firefighter
posted Jan 30, 2012
- Volunteer Firefighter Mark Bezos reminds us that heroism starts with everyday acts of kindness.
How to Reverse the Corporate Coup d’Etat
posted Jan 26, 2012
- Chris Hedges and Lawrence Lessig discuss the Occupy movement, Citizens United, and our best options for real reform.
Occupy the Dream: MLK’s Legacy in the Age of Occupy
posted Jan 16, 2012
- What would Martin Luther King, Jr. have made of the worldwide social movements of 2011?
After the Quake: Haiti's Slow Road to Healing
by Rachel Harmonposted Jan 13, 2012
- Photo Essay: Two years later, poverty, corruption, and health crises persist. But so does hope.
Why Own When You Can Share?
posted Jan 11, 2012
- Welcome to the new age of collaborative consumption.
The Scientization of Politics
posted Dec 22, 2011
- How did climate science get so politicized—and what can we do about it? Climatologist Michael Mann responds in this TEDx talk.
I Will Be A Hummingbird
posted Dec 21, 2011
- Nobel Peace Prize winner Wangari Maathai tells the beautiful tale of a hummingbird determined to save its home from a destructive forest fire. She reminds us that insurmountable odds shouldn't prevent us from trying our best.
Grace Lee Boggs’ Message to the Occupiers
posted Dec 16, 2011
- A lifelong activist shares her thoughts on revolution.
The Majestic Plastic Bag: A Mockumentary
posted Dec 12, 2011
- The epic journey of a plastic bag from its release into the wild to ultimate destination in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Occupy’s Next Stop: Foreclosed Homes
posted Dec 07, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street protesters are now taking on foreclosure directly, helping families stay in homes or move into vacant ones.
Occupy Economics: Because We’re Teaching It Wrong
posted Dec 05, 2011
- Does Occupy Wall Street highlight the failures of traditional Econ 101? These economists think so.
Words That Inspire: We are the 1%
posted Nov 23, 2011
- Some members of the 1% have shared messages of solidarity with the 99%. What goes into a sign that makes a lasting impression? Explore an activity to help your students understand—and create their own—powerful signs.
Visual Learning: We Are the 99%
posted Nov 23, 2011
- With this YES! lesson plan, try to truly understand an image, its message, and why it's interesting (or not). In this case, it's all about animals as food.
Creativity Blossoms in the Great Migration
by Lily Yehposted Nov 18, 2011
- On the industrial outskirts of Beijing, the transient children of the world’s largest migration taught artist Lily Yeh about finding healing and rootedness in creative power.