The creative spirit, and how it moves us.
- Photo Essays
- New visions of the world we thought we knew.
- Soundtrack to a revolution.
- Reading list for a better world.
- Wisdom to go.
- Telling inspiring stories of social change.
- Create your own captions.
- Poets speak out.
- Listen to interviews, podcasts, radio programs that tell the YES! stories.
- Watch trailers to our pick of maddening and motivating independent films.
Visual Learning: We Are the 99%
posted Nov 23, 2011
- With this YES! lesson plan, try to truly understand an image, its message, and why it's interesting (or not). In this case, it's all about animals as food.
Creativity Blossoms in the Great Migration
by Lily Yehposted Nov 18, 2011
- On the industrial outskirts of Beijing, the transient children of the world’s largest migration taught artist Lily Yeh about finding healing and rootedness in creative power.
The Story of Broke
posted Nov 08, 2011
- Is it true that the U.S. can no longer afford to take care of its residents the way it once did? Annie Leonard takes on the "we're broke" myth in this 8-minute video.
Farming With the Wild
by Dan Imhoffposted Nov 05, 2011
- Photo Essay: How agriculture and wildlands can both flourish—together.
Occupy Oakland, in Pictures
posted Nov 04, 2011
- From rebuilding after a police raid to closing down the nation's fifth largest port, things have been busy at Occupy Oakland.
Posters to Occupy Everywhere
posted Nov 03, 2011
- Graphic designers put their stamp on the messages of the 99%.
Film Review: The Last Mountain
by Ayla Harbinposted Nov 01, 2011
- Follow a group of residents-turned-activists in their efforts to save Coal River Mountain, the last one left in an area devastated by mining.
YES! Music Picks: Winter 2012
posted Nov 01, 2011
- Musical inspiration while putting together the Winter 2012 issue.
Words That Inspire: The Laughing Thrush
posted Oct 25, 2011
- Poet Laureate W.S. Merwin believes that it’s natural to love being in the world around us. His poem, "The Laughing Thrush," captures a sense of place with rich details and abundant joy.
Red State Ranchers Vs. the Pipeline
posted Oct 07, 2011
- Nebraska isn’t known for environmental activism—but an oil pipeline that would cross the Ogallala aquifer is changing that.
posted Oct 01, 2011
- The best of the July/August YES! cartoon caption submissions.
A Moveable Planet
posted Sep 29, 2011
- Video: In more than 175 countries, people found creative ways to show they're ready to move away from fossil fuels.
Local Jobs Through Local Banking
posted Sep 26, 2011
- Not just the recession: What our banking system has to do with our unemployment crisis, and what we can do about it.
It's Our Wall Street: Inside an American Occupation
posted Sep 23, 2011
- Photo essay: Inspired by the public protests of Egypt, Tunisia, and Spain, American demonstrators are nearly a week into their "occupation" of Wall Street.
Troy Davis' Last Request
by Sarah van Gelderposted Sep 22, 2011
- Troy Davis’ last words before his execution on Wednesday night included this call: The tragedy of American capital punishment must come to an end.