The creative spirit, and how it moves us.
- Photo Essays
- New visions of the world we thought we knew.
- Soundtrack to a revolution.
- Reading list for a better world.
- Wisdom to go.
- Telling inspiring stories of social change.
- Create your own captions.
- Poets speak out.
- Listen to interviews, podcasts, radio programs that tell the YES! stories.
- Watch trailers to our pick of maddening and motivating independent films.
Does anyone else feel this strange
by Carol Estesposted May 20, 2004
- Does anyone else feel this strange music? by Carol Estes... A young radical poet, Drew Dellinger, and an elder philosopher, Thomas Berry, forge an unlikely cosmological partnership.
Review: The Unconquerable World: Power, Nonviolence, And the Will of the People
by Carolyn McConnellposted May 20, 2004
- Book Review: THE UNCONQUERABLE WORLD: Power, Nonviolence, and the Will of the People By Jonathan Schell
Book Review: Couldn't Keep It To Myself: Testimonies From Our Imprisoned Sisters
by Bill Williamsposted May 20, 2004
- COULDN'T KEEP IT TO MYSELF: Testimonies from our Imprisoned Sisters By Wally Lamb and the Women of York Correctional Institution. Book Review by Bill Williams.
How To Change the World In Three Easy Clicks
by Don Hazen, Tai Mosesposted May 20, 2004
- MoveOn has become the most powerful activist voice in America, attracting more than 1.5 million members domestically and hundreds of thousands more around the world
Filming While Dark
by Roberto Dr. Cintli Rodriguezposted May 20, 2004
- Filming While Dark by Roberto Rodriguez. A Chicano man decides not to let fear rule his life after being questioned by federal authorities for filming while "dark".
Book Reviews: Now is it time to close the prisons?
by Carol Estesposted Dec 31, 2003
- Now is it time to close the prisons? by Carol Estes - Book reviews of THE PERPETUAL PRISONER MACHINE: How America Profits from Crime By Joel Dyer - ARE PRISONS OBSOLETE? By Angela Y. Davis - PRISON NATION: The Warehousing of America's Poor Edited by Tara Herivel and Paul Wright - THE DEATH GAME: Capital Punishment and the Luck of the Draw - By Mike Gray
Film Review - The Man We Called Juan Carlos, directed by Heather Mac Andrew and David Springfield
by Jennifer Morleyposted Mar 31, 2003
Book Review- Fatal Harvest: the Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture edited by Andrew Kimbrell
by Ellie Winninghoffposted Mar 31, 2003
Book Review: Alternatives to Economic Globalization
by Wolfgang Sachsposted Mar 31, 2003
- Alternatives to Economic Globalization: A Report of the International Forum on Globalization
Prayers and Poems
posted Mar 05, 2003
- A selection of prayers and poems on Iraq
Book Review - Silent Theft: The Private Plunder of Our Common Wealth by David Bollier
by Jonathan Roweposted Dec 31, 2002
Watching the Watchers
by Megan Rowlingposted Dec 31, 2002
- Surveillance Camera Players, SCP, retaining privacy, Street Performances challenging surveillance technologies
by Jeff Chester, Gary O. Larsonposted Dec 31, 2002
- center for Digital Democracy, open access to the internet, electronic commons
Play Your Own Tune
by Ricardo "Kool Aid" Chavezposted Dec 31, 2002
- hip-hop/rap for the good
by Desiree Evansposted Dec 31, 2002
- Third world majority digital storytelling conference, Underground Railroad, ceate digital stories from the found material in lives, relaiming histories for people of color