The creative spirit, and how it moves us.
- Photo Essays
- New visions of the world we thought we knew.
- Soundtrack to a revolution.
- Reading list for a better world.
- Wisdom to go.
- Telling inspiring stories of social change.
- Create your own captions.
- Poets speak out.
- Listen to interviews, podcasts, radio programs that tell the YES! stories.
- Watch trailers to our pick of maddening and motivating independent films.
Book Review - Do They Hear You When You Cry? by Fauziya Kassindja with Layli Miller Bashir
by Tracy Rysavyposted Nov 02, 1998
- At age 17, Fauziya Kassindja had a good life--loving parents who flouted village tradition by educating their daughters; two brothers and four older sisters who doted on her; a close-knit community of friends; and, by Togo standards, an upper class existence.
Book Review: The Ownership Solution by Jeff Gates
by Gar Alperovitzposted Nov 02, 1998
- Something very important has been quietly building up in the American economy over the last few decades--something which could have portentous implications for the new century: Workers in very, very serious numbers are beginning to own the firms in which they work.
Book Reviews: The Argument Culture, Heaven's Face Thinly Veiled, The Plain Reader, The Community of the Future, by Frances Hesselbein
by Deborah Tannenposted Aug 30, 1998
- Deborah Tannen, Heaven's Face Thinly Veiled, edited by Sarah Anderson, The Plain Reader, The Community of the Future, by Frances Hesselbein
Book Review: The Voice of Hope by Aung San Suu Kyi with Alan Clements
by Jeff Shawposted Aug 30, 1998
Book Review: Toward Sustainable Communities: by Mark Roseland
by Guy Daunceyposted Aug 30, 1998
- Resources for Cities and Their Governments, by Mark Roseland reviewed by Guy Dauncey - YES! Magazine
Book Reviews: Getting a Life: Real Lives Transformed by Your Money or Your Life, by Jacqueline Blix
by Natalie Pibelposted Aug 30, 1998
Book Review: Earth Community, Earth Ethics by Larry Rasmussen
by L. A. Parks Dalozposted Jun 30, 1998
Book Review: Pythagoras' Trousers by Margaret Wertheim
by Tracy Rysavyposted Mar 31, 1998
Book Review: Carrying Water as a Way of Life by Linda Tatelbaum
by Doug Pibelposted Mar 31, 1998
- In 1977, late by her own admission for the hippie back-to-the-land movement, Linda Tatelbaum moved to 72 scrub-wood acres in Maine. a collection of essays that says little about how she stayed and much about why.
Book Review: The Cobbers' Companion by Michael Smith
by Robyn Buddposted Mar 31, 1998
- Book Review - The Cobber’s Companion: How to Build Your Own Earthen Home by Michael Smith illustrated by Deanne Bednar from The Cob Cottage Company
Book Review - Losing Your Job, Reclaiming Your Soul by Mary Lynn Pulley
by Heidi Werberposted Mar 31, 1998
Book Review: On the Causes of War by Michael Andregg
by Richard Heinbergposted Mar 31, 1998
Book Review: Living Downstream: An Ecologist Looks at Cancer and the Environment by Sandra Steingraber
by Peter Montagueposted Oct 20, 1997
- A qualified scientist examines all the lines of evidence linking cancer to chemical contamination of the environment and offers solutions.
Book Review - Biomimicry: Innovation Inspired by Nature by Janine M. Benyus
by Elisabet Sahtourisposted Oct 20, 1997
Book Review- On Light Alone by Ellen LaConte
by Donella Meadowsposted Sep 30, 1997