The creative spirit, and how it moves us.
- Photo Essays
- New visions of the world we thought we knew.
- Soundtrack to a revolution.
- Reading list for a better world.
- Wisdom to go.
- Telling inspiring stories of social change.
- Create your own captions.
- Poets speak out.
- Listen to interviews, podcasts, radio programs that tell the YES! stories.
- Watch trailers to our pick of maddening and motivating independent films.
The Koch Brothers Exposed
by Oliver Lazenbyposted Feb 01, 2012
- Film Review: How far do the tentacles of the Kochtopus reach? Follow the money with this collection of 13 short films.
YES! Music Picks: Spring 2012
posted Feb 01, 2012
- Musical inspiration while putting together the Spring 2012 issue.
Save the Shoes! A Life Lesson from a Volunteer Firefighter
posted Jan 30, 2012
- Volunteer Firefighter Mark Bezos reminds us that heroism starts with everyday acts of kindness.
How to Reverse the Corporate Coup d’Etat
posted Jan 26, 2012
- Chris Hedges and Lawrence Lessig discuss the Occupy movement, Citizens United, and our best options for real reform.
Occupy the Dream: MLK’s Legacy in the Age of Occupy
posted Jan 16, 2012
- What would Martin Luther King, Jr. have made of the worldwide social movements of 2011?
After the Quake: Haiti's Slow Road to Healing
by Rachel Harmonposted Jan 13, 2012
- Photo Essay: Two years later, poverty, corruption, and health crises persist. But so does hope.
Why Own When You Can Share?
posted Jan 11, 2012
- Welcome to the new age of collaborative consumption.
The Scientization of Politics
posted Dec 22, 2011
- How did climate science get so politicized—and what can we do about it? Climatologist Michael Mann responds in this TEDx talk.
I Will Be A Hummingbird
posted Dec 21, 2011
- Nobel Peace Prize winner Wangari Maathai tells the beautiful tale of a hummingbird determined to save its home from a destructive forest fire. She reminds us that insurmountable odds shouldn't prevent us from trying our best.
Grace Lee Boggs’ Message to the Occupiers
posted Dec 16, 2011
- A lifelong activist shares her thoughts on revolution.
The Majestic Plastic Bag: A Mockumentary
posted Dec 12, 2011
- The epic journey of a plastic bag from its release into the wild to ultimate destination in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Occupy’s Next Stop: Foreclosed Homes
posted Dec 07, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street protesters are now taking on foreclosure directly, helping families stay in homes or move into vacant ones.
Occupy Economics: Because We’re Teaching It Wrong
posted Dec 05, 2011
- Does Occupy Wall Street highlight the failures of traditional Econ 101? These economists think so.
Words That Inspire: We are the 1%
posted Nov 23, 2011
- Some members of the 1% have shared messages of solidarity with the 99%. What goes into a sign that makes a lasting impression? Explore an activity to help your students understand—and create their own—powerful signs.
Visual Learning: We Are the 99%
posted Nov 23, 2011
- With this YES! lesson plan, try to truly understand an image, its message, and why it's interesting (or not). In this case, it's all about animals as food.