The World of Our Dreams
by David KortenApr 18, 2011
- I find hope in the fact that for all our wondrous differences, at the core we humans all want most of the same things. Fortunately, what we want aligns with where we need to go.
Learning from the Biosphere
by David KortenApr 25, 2011
- Life provides us with time-tested system design principles. We violate them at our peril.
Design for Life
by David KortenMay 02, 2011
- Applying nature's design principles, we can design economies that self-correct toward Earth balance, shared prosperity, and living democracy.
Making a Living
by David KortenMay 09, 2011
- We can all live well with what Earth provides—if we seek to make a living rather than a killing.
7 Ways to Stop Wall Street’s Con Game
by David KortenMay 23, 2011
- Whether it’s done by Wall Street or the mafia, theft is theft
But What About My 401(k)?
by David KortenMay 31, 2011
- Credit cards, mortgages, insurance, retirement: We can meet our basic financial needs (and find real security) without Wall Street.
The Great Stock Scam
by David KortenJun 06, 2011
- Stock sales are supposed to finance new or expanded productive activity. The numbers tell a different story.
Mapping Uncharted Economic Waters
by David KortenJun 14, 2011
- We're trying to fix a failed economic system with the same thinking that caused the failure. We can make different choices and we must prepare ourselves to do so.
How the Left and Right Can Unite
by David KortenJun 21, 2011
- If we'd stop tearing each other apart, we might see an opportunity to win back our democracy from the rich and powerful.
The Next American Revolution?
by David KortenJun 28, 2011
- The current grassroots movement against corporate power can draw inspiration and lessons from the time our American forebears liberated themselves from a British king.
When the People Lead, the Leaders Follow
by David KortenJul 01, 2011
- Deep change is possible, but only when a politically aware citizenry demands it.
A Crumbling Cultural Story
by David KortenJul 05, 2011
- Wall Street grows weaker as the myths underlying its power unravel.
The Story of a New Economy
by David KortenJul 11, 2011
- As the story fabricated to serve Empire unravels, an authentic story born of the experience and aspirations of ordinary people is emerging to displace it.
Every Great Social Movement
by David KortenJul 25, 2011
- When ordinary people reject the cultural stories that limit their possibilities and bind them to servitude, the course of history turns.
Making Change Happen: A Three-Fold Strategy
by David KortenAug 01, 2011
- To turn the human course, change the framing story, create a new reality, and change the rules.
Agenda for a New Economy
How can we build an economy that works for all of us? David Korten lays out his vision in his latest book, Agenda for a New Economy. This special blog series is comprised of condensed and updated excerpts.