The Missing Vision
by David KortenJan 04, 2011
- Deep change begins with a vision of possibility.
My Defection Story
by David KortenJan 11, 2011
- How I came to challenge the economic theories and institutions I once served.
The Illusion of Money
by David KortenJan 18, 2011
- Liberation from subservience to Wall Street begins with a recognition that money is just a number of no intrinsic value.
System Failure? Look Upstream
by David KortenJan 25, 2011
- Why is our economic system consigning billions of people to degrading poverty, destroying Earth's ecosystem, and tearing up the social fabric of civilized community?
Money From Nothing?
by David KortenFeb 01, 2011
- Through their accounting slight of hand, Wall Street illusionists convince even themselves that they are enriching society rather than preying on it.
Good Debt, Bad Debt
by David KortenFeb 08, 2011
- Is using debt to create money a bad idea? It depends on where the money goes.
A Real-Market Alternative
by David KortenFeb 15, 2011
- Our current economic choice is not between capitalism and communism. It is between locally accountable Main Street markets and Wall Street central planning by predatory global financiers.
Clueless Economists, Smart Ecologists
by David KortenFeb 22, 2011
- To successfully address climate change and extreme poverty, the mindset of the economist must give way to the mindset of the ecologist.
War Against the Middle Class
by David KortenMar 01, 2011
- How Wall Street undermined an American ideal and won the class war.
On the Origin of Corporations
by David KortenMar 07, 2011
- How today's Wall Street profiteers follow in the footsteps of the buccaneers and privateers of yesteryear.
Phantom Wealth and False Expectations
by David KortenMar 15, 2011
- Playing money games to profit from false expectations is not the same as investing in jobs that produce real value to meet real needs
A System Designed to Crash
by David KortenMar 21, 2011
- To create a stable functioning financial system, we must first understand why the current financial system holds policy makers hostage to Wall Street interests. It is more than just political corruption.
The End of Empire
by David KortenMar 28, 2011
- Wall Street’s days are numbered. Ours need not be.
Greed is Not a Virtue
by David KortenApr 05, 2011
- Wall Street's celebration and promotion of moral perversion as a virtue must be exposed and condemned.
Our Human Nature
by David KortenApr 12, 2011
- Greed is a sign of moral and psychological immaturity. Psychologically and morally mature adults are caring, cooperative, and honest.
Agenda for a New Economy
How can we build an economy that works for all of us? David Korten lays out his vision in his latest book, Agenda for a New Economy. This special blog series is comprised of condensed and updated excerpts.