Most Recent from YES! Magazine
Y2k Ready Or Not
by William Boleposted Nov 02, 1998
- No one knows what may come of the Y2K computer bug, but some are preparing together for the worst - and rediscovering community, self-reliance, and hope for the future
101 Ways To Get Educated
by YES! editors and advisorsposted Nov 02, 1998
- A diverse list of 101 Ways to Get Educated for readers.
posted Nov 02, 1998
- Education Resources Guide: Groups - Books and Magazine - Multimedia
by Tag Eversposted Aug 30, 1998
- When a mother meets her son's murderer, grief and anger turn into action.
by John Bondposted Aug 30, 1998
- On May 26th of 1998, Australia witnessed an event without precedent across the world. People stopped to commemorate Sorry Day, expressing their sorrow for a tragic episode in Australian history – the practice of removing Aboriginal children from their families with the aim of assimilating them into Western culture.
Book Reviews: The Argument Culture, Heaven's Face Thinly Veiled, The Plain Reader, The Community of the Future, by Frances Hesselbein
by Deborah Tannenposted Aug 30, 1998
- Deborah Tannen, Heaven's Face Thinly Veiled, edited by Sarah Anderson, The Plain Reader, The Community of the Future, by Frances Hesselbein
Book Review: The Voice of Hope by Aung San Suu Kyi with Alan Clements
by Jeff Shawposted Aug 30, 1998
Book Review: Toward Sustainable Communities: by Mark Roseland
by Guy Daunceyposted Aug 30, 1998
- Resources for Cities and Their Governments, by Mark Roseland reviewed by Guy Dauncey - YES! Magazine
Book Reviews: Getting a Life: Real Lives Transformed by Your Money or Your Life, by Jacqueline Blix
by Natalie Pibelposted Aug 30, 1998
YES! But How? :: Electricity, Dry Cleaning, Birch
by Doug Pibel, Annie Berthold-Bondposted Aug 30, 1998
- Green Electricity, Avoiding Dry-Cleaning , Using Black Birch , and Non-toxic Wood Stain
Gaviotas! Oasis of the Imagination :: Part
by Alan Weismanposted Aug 30, 1998
- In the midst of some of the most barren reaches of Colombia, a group of visionaries invent sustainable technologies, plant trees, and discover —to their amazement—that the rainforest is returning.
by Sandy Watsonposted Aug 30, 1998
- A tragic bombing is a wake up call to a village in Northern Ireland
Making Peace Between Religions
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted Aug 30, 1998
- Spiritual leaders from 50 countries call for an end to violence in the name of religion.
South Africa: a Beacon of Hope
by Desmond Tutuposted Aug 30, 1998
by Kari Thoreneposted Aug 30, 1998
- US peace activists discover the power of listening and dialogue for Jewish/Palestinian reconciliation.