Most Recent from YES! Magazine
From the Earth, Up
by Anthony Flaccaventoposted Sep 30, 2002
- Appalachian Sustainable Development, ASD, sustainable forestry and wood products program, sustainable farms.
Let the Sun Shine In
by Ralph Estesposted Sep 30, 2002
- about corporate abuse, Stakeholder Alliance, corporate stakeholder rights, corporate responsibility as a solution
Breaking Down Buildings, Building Up a Neighborhood
by Holly Dresselposted Sep 30, 2002
- The suicide economy is all too ready to cast off used material, disadvantaged people, and troubled neighborhoods. These living economy entrepreneurs are turning throwaways into gold.
by Richard Douthwaiteposted Sep 30, 2002
- JAK interest free bank in Sweden
Discussion Guide for Living Economies
posted Sep 30, 2002
- Questions like: How have corporations affected life for you or your community? Have you had experiences of elements of a local living economy being created or restored? What worked for you? What didn't? What actions can you take as an individual or a participant in a political movement to restore your own community?
Unleashing Our Hidden Wealth
by Edgar Cahnposted Sep 30, 2002
- Time Dollars and tutoring. No More Throwaway People, Time Dollar exchange for computers, Englewood schools
Trying To Do Right
by Victor Bremsonposted Sep 30, 2002
- Chain stores vs local business, maquladora, local living economies, Are the cheap goods worth the price?
Journey To a New America
by Grace Lee Boggsposted Sep 30, 2002
- Grace Boggs writes a Journey to a New America, who are "we the people?"
Pieces of the Puzzle
by Jill Bamburgposted Sep 30, 2002
- The story of Burlington Vermont, Will Raap, Gardener's Supply company, Intervale foundation, Burlington Legacy Project, Bernie Saunders, and how Burlington became one of America's most sustainable communities.
YES! But How? :: Noxious Weeds
posted Sep 30, 2002
- Eco-friendly household hints and helps for eradicating noxious weeds, choosing between cloth and disposable diapers, and dealing with candle soot damage.
12 Things To Do Now About Corporations
by Sarah van Gelderposted Sep 30, 2002
- 12 things to do now about corporations by Sarah van Gelder
Turning the Sword
by Milenko Matanovicposted Jun 30, 2002
- Is art for museums and collectors, or does it belong in the streets? Could art help us turn away from mass–produced violence and ugliness, and give each of us ways to forge an imaginative and beautiful future?
The Time of Your Life
by Martin Keoghposted Jun 30, 2002
- With leaps, bounds, and stillness, dancers make peace with time.
Who's Afraid of Music
by Carol Estesposted Jun 30, 2002
- Music can tell truths that otherwise go unheard, inspiring action, and sustaining resistance.
Letter from the Editor
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted Jun 30, 2002
- Our community gatherings, dances, film festivals, and music performances, can be revolutionary acts. They help us discover and manifest our own dreams for the future and allow us to take the first steps toward making those dreams a reality.