Discussion Guide for Living Economies
Sep 30, 2002
- Questions like: How have corporations affected life for you or your community? Have you had experiences of elements of a local living economy being created or restored? What worked for you? What didn't? What actions can you take as an individual or a participant in a political movement to restore your own community?
Art and Community Discussion Guide
Jun 30, 2002
- Where does art fit in your life? Is it something you visit in a museum? Something you buy in a music store? Is art a mere luxury? Or can art change lives and communities, making life more livable by the act of creation?
Discussion Guide for What Does It Mean to Be an American Now?
Jan 31, 2002
- What did you grow up loving or hating about America? How did you express that love or hate? How have your feelings about America changed over time? What experiences caused those changes? How have your feelings changed since 9/11? Who are American heroes whom you look to for a sense of what makes America?
Discussion Guide :: Can Love Save the World?
Nov 05, 2001
- On September 11, the question we'd set out to address in this issue-Can Love Save the World?-took on a new life-and-death urgency, amid the bombing of Afghanistan, the curtailing of our freedoms in the name of security, and the fear of biological and nuclear warfare. Can love save this broken world? We need an answer now.
Discussion Guide for Technology: Who Chooses?
Sep 30, 2001
- This issue of YES! invites you to think more deeply about our collective relationship to technology. Is technology good or bad or morally neutral? Is technological progress inevitable, its direction determined by some force beyond our control? Or is it the result of a series of individual choices—and if so, who is making those choices? According to what criteria?
Discussion Guide: Reclaiming the Commons
Jun 30, 2001
- This guide is designed to provide a starting point for your discussion of some of the issues explored in the Summer 2001 issue of YES! magazine.
Discussion Guide: Working for Life
Mar 31, 2001
- Discussion Guide for Working for Life, Right Livelihood, YES is a leading-edge quarterly journal magazine published by the nonprofit Positive Futures Network concerned with building a more just, sustainable, and compassionate future
Discussion Guide: A New Culture Emerges
Oct 27, 2000
- YES is a leading-edge quarterly journal magazine published by the nonprofit Positive Futures Network concerned with building a more just, sustainable, and compassionate future
Is It Time to Close the Prisons Discussion Guide
Sep 30, 2000
- Have you, or has someone close to you, spent time in jail or prison? What was the experience like? How did it change you/them?
A collection of discussion guides on YES! issues