From the Publisher
Why the Future of Journalism Is in the Story of Solutions
by Fran Kortenposted Jun 03, 2013
- Taken all together, the practical actions YES! Magazine features reveal large societal shifts that hold the potential for a better world.
Four Steps to Less Wasteful Communities
by Fran Kortenposted Dec 26, 2012
- The individual actions we take to reduce waste are important. But to stem the avalanche of stuff, we also need system-wide solutions.
3 Ways to Make Your Vote Count in a Money-Soaked Election
by Fran Kortenposted Sep 19, 2012
- Your favored candidates may be outspent, but if they out-organize, they may be able to prevail.
Use the People’s Veto to End Citizens United
by Fran Kortenposted Jun 08, 2012
- Widespread, multi-sector activism is exactly what is needed to amend the constitution.
Let’s Unstuff the Holidays
by Fran Kortenposted Dec 01, 2011
- I longed for simpler surroundings. So I made a resolution: Each week I would move more stuff out of the house than came in.
10 Ways to Solve the Jobs Problem
by Fran Kortenposted Sep 02, 2010
- Imagine a no-holds-barred “summit” that comes up with ideas to solve both our job and environmental problems. What might it come up with?
Winning the Frame Game
by Fran Kortenposted May 13, 2010
- As our society approaches major transitions ahead, we may welcome or resist the changes … How we react will rest partly on how we frame those changes.
Now, a "YES! Take" Every Day
by Fran Kortenposted Dec 15, 2009
- You asked for it, you got it: A view each day through the YES! lens of powerful ideas and practical actions that can transform our world.
Push Back Against Big Money
by Fran Kortenposted Sep 18, 2009
- No matter how hard we worked during the 2008 election, our voice, our presence, our money is even more important now.
From the Publisher :: Can Print Survive in the Digital Age?
by Fran Kortenposted May 15, 2009
- Many are asking "Can print publications survive in the digital age?" Our answer for YES! Magazine? YES, we can! As many of you have told us, if there was ever a time for the YES! message, this is it.
From the Publisher :: A thousand thanks …
posted Feb 13, 2009
- Thank you to YES! donors
From the Publisher :: Sustainability in a Crisis
posted Oct 31, 2008
- When we make choices that rely less on fossil fuels, global finance, and long supply chains and more on conservation, savings, and local production, we become less vulnerable to crises and more resilient in recovering from them. What once looked to the larger society like “hippie” behavior from the far-out fringe, now simply looks smart.
From the Publisher :: YES! Takes on the News
by Fran Kortenposted Jul 30, 2008
- Imagine that every day you could see a “YES! Take” on the news that points to the transformational possibilities that lie in every crisis.
From the Publisher :: America Can Change
by Fran Kortenposted May 22, 2008
- With enough citizen understanding and action, America can change. Were you one of the millions deeply moved by Barack Obama’s March 18 speech from Philadelphia? He supported his optimism with a fierce faith in this country, saying “What we know, what we have seen, is that America can change—that is the true genius of this nation.”
From the Publisher :: You Can't Outsource a Relationship
by Fran Kortenposted Nov 07, 2007
- All about the YES! experience with outsourcing and creating quality service for our readers.