In Review: Books, Music, and Film
Books, Music, and Film
Film Review: Egypt: Seeds of Change
posted May 01, 2011
- A video primer from Al Jazeera for would-be nonviolent revolutionaries everywhere.
Film Review: The Economics of Happiness
by Kristy Leissleposted Apr 14, 2011
- Why are we so lonely when we have so much? Beyond the unhappiness of a disconnected world are new—and very old—ways we can turn it around.
by Kim Eckartposted Apr 10, 2011
- Do you ride the bus? Use the library? Walk on the sidewalk? Congratulations—you're already part of the commons movement.
Book Review: GreenDeen
by Jamal Rahmanposted Apr 01, 2011
- How Islamic faith and environmentalism can be combined in everyday life.
Book Review: Food Justice
by Laura Kaliebeposted Mar 01, 2011
- What's wrong with our food system—and how can we fix it?
YES! Music Picks: Spring 2011
posted Feb 01, 2011
- Musical inspiration while putting out the Spring 2011 issue: Gasoline Rainbows, Dear Companion, and Tomorrow's Children.
Shifting Sands: Jewish Women Confront the Israeli Occupation
by Linda Frankposted Dec 21, 2010
- 14 women find their voice in this collection of essays.
Walking Gently on the Earth
by Rev. Wendy Bellposted Dec 19, 2010
- Making faithful choices about food, energy, shelter, and more.
YES! Film Picks :: Abe Osheroff, Living Downstream, and The Age of Stupid
posted Nov 15, 2010
- Maddening and motivating independent films.
YES! Music Picks :: Winter 2011
posted Nov 15, 2010
- Musical inspiration while putting out the Winter 2011 issue: Bodega Rose, The Sound of Sunshine, and Many Great Companions
Diet for a Hot Planet
by Kathleen Yaleposted Sep 29, 2010
- The climate crisis at the end of your fork and what you can do about it
by Mark Englerposted Sep 29, 2010
- On the front lines in the fight against coal
The Return of Jim Crow
by Carol Estesposted Sep 29, 2010
- How today's criminal justice system takes up where slavery and segregation left off
YES! Music Picks :: Fall 2010
posted Aug 13, 2010
- Musical inspiration while putting out the Fall 2010 issue: Preservation, Earth Amplified, Leonard Cohen Live in London
YES! Film Picks : The People Speak, Black Wave, A Village Called Versailles
by Robert Jensenposted Aug 13, 2010
- Maddening and motivating independent films