The Return of Jim Crow
by Carol EstesSep 29, 2010
- How today's criminal justice system takes up where slavery and segregation left off
YES! Music Picks :: Fall 2010
Aug 13, 2010
- Musical inspiration while putting out the Fall 2010 issue: Preservation, Earth Amplified, Leonard Cohen Live in London
YES! Film Picks : The People Speak, Black Wave, A Village Called Versailles
by Robert JensenAug 13, 2010
- Maddening and motivating independent films
Why Power Is Not a Dirty Word
by Frances Moore LappeJul 02, 2010
- Frances Moore Lappé looks at redefining power and taking it back.
Wild Comfort: The Solace of Nature
by Rev. Wendy L. BellJun 25, 2010
- The Rev. Wendy L. Bell reviews Kathleen Dean Moore latest book. Wild Comfort: The Solace of Nature
Common Ground in a Liquid City
by Sarah KuckJun 25, 2010
- Re-imagining our cities is the best chance we have to create prosperity, lower our carbon emissions, and save what’s left of the natural world.
A Call for a Democratic Economy
by Zach CarterJun 25, 2010
- Raj Patel offers a stunning defense of democracy and a how-to guide for social justice activists of the next century.
Trouble the Water :: Film Trailer
May 13, 2010
- Home footage of Hurricane Katrina from 9th Ward resident Kimberly Rivers Roberts goes beyond news coverage, revealing the voices that government kept silent.
A Sea Change :: Film Trailer
May 13, 2010
- Hidden below the waves, ocean acidification is wreaking havoc on marine ecosystems.
YES! Music Picks :: Summer 2010
May 13, 2010
- Musical inspiration while putting out the Summer 2010 issue: Horse Feathers, Natalie Merchant, Rana Farhan.
YES! Film Picks: A Sea Change, The Good Soldier, Trouble the Water
by Jeff ParsonsMay 13, 2010
- Reviews of our favorite films for the Summer 2010.
The End of the Long Summer
by Sherry BoschertApr 13, 2010
- A new book by a leading science writer tells what we need to do to survive climate change.
Getting to the Heart of Interfaith
by Rev. Wendy L. BellApr 13, 2010
- The Eye-Opening, Hope-Filled Friendship of a Pastor, a Rabbi & a Sheikh.
Book Excerpt: Getting to the Heart of Interfaith
by Pastor Don Mackenzie, Rabbi Ted Falcon, Sheikh Jamal RahmanApr 13, 2010
- In the chapter "Honoring the Spirit" the Interfaith Amigos describe one of the most meaningful moments they have experienced in their work together.
Bringing it to the Table
by James TrimarcoMar 30, 2010
- Wendell Berry on Farming and Food. Pragmatic and passionate insights appear in each of the 24 essays in Bringing it to the Table by Wendell Berry, reviewed here by James Trimarco.
In Review: Books, Music, and Film
Books, Music, and Film