In Review: Books, Music, and Film
Books, Music, and Film
Book Review - The Divine Right of Capital by Marjorie Kelly
by Jonathan Roweposted Jun 30, 2002
Nonviolent Soldier of Islam: Badshah Khan, a Man To Match His Mountains
by Michael N. Naglerposted Jun 30, 2002
- A review of the book about the world’s first nonviolent army, called by Abdul Ghaffar (Badshah) Khan, who had joined Gandhi to lead his fellow Muslims in the struggle against British colonialism.
Book Review - In God's Country by David A. Neiwert
by Scott Morrisposted Jan 31, 2002
Book Review - Caring For New Life by Ron Miller
by Perri Ardmanposted Jan 31, 2002
Book Review - White Collar Sweatshop by Jill Andresky Fraser
by Ellie Winninghoffposted Jan 31, 2002
Review of Widening Circles
by Kim Bushposted Nov 05, 2001
- A review of Joanna Macy's book Widening Circles, by Kim Bush.
Review of Culture Jam: the Uncooling of AmericaTM
by Dan Bertoletposted Nov 05, 2001
- A review of the book Culture Jam, by Kalle Lasn, founder of Adbusters magazine.
by John de Graaf, David Wann, Thomas H. Naylorposted Nov 05, 2001
- Review of Affluenza by John de Graaf, David Wann, Thomas H. Naylor.
Book Review: No Logo
by Walden Belloposted Sep 30, 2001
- Walden Bello reviews Klein's book on the culture of brand capitalism and the rise of the anti-corporate globalization movement.
Book Review - Utopian Legacy: a history of conquest and oppression in the western world
by Doug Pibelposted Jun 30, 2001
- Book review of Utopian Legacy by John Mohawk. Reviewed by Doug Pibel.
Book Review - Rosa Parks by Douglas Brinkley
by Grace Lee Boggsposted Jun 30, 2001
- Historian Douglas Brinkley, also the author of award-winning biographies of Jimmy Carter and Franklin D. Roosevelt, reveals the difficult decisions that educated Parks politically and empowered her not only to say “no” on December 1, 1955, but to give permission for her “no” to become the basis for a constitutional challenge. Reviewed by Grace Lee Boggs.
Book Review - When Healing Becomes a Crime: by Kenny Ausubel
by Ellie Winninghoffposted Mar 31, 2001
- When Healing Becomes a Crime: The amazing story of the Hoxsey cancer clinics and the return of alternative therapies
Book Review - Against All Odds by John Rensenbrink
by Patrick Mazzaposted Oct 27, 2000
- Book Review - Against All Odds by John Rensenbrink
Review - Bobos in Paradise by David Brooks
by Russell Mokhiberposted Oct 27, 2000
- Russel Mokhiber reviews Bobos in Paradise: the Upper Class and How They Got There
Book Review: Planet Dialectics by Wolfgang Sachs
by Misa Sarosposted Sep 30, 2000
- In Planet Dialectics, Wolfgang Sachs repeatedly asks the nagging question: "Whose development and of what?"